ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Had the cancellation call from Sky today. Wasn't expecting much but they've actually came back with a decent offer.

Sky Signature with Netflix included, UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and Multiroom for £58 a month. Fucked multiroom off, which brought it down to I think £50 or £51pm.

I probably could've tried to haggle them down more but considering if I never had a TV package I'd spunk £15.99 on Premium Netflix anyway, effectively only paying another £35pm for Sky Cinema and Sports in UHD seemed a good deal.
I’m still waiting for the call from them, only 3 days until they cut me off! How long in to your cancellation period did they call you, and which phone number did they use?

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
This is what scares me, I'm never leaving I just don't want them knowing that! 😅

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I’m still waiting for the call from them, only 3 days until they cut me off! How long in to your cancellation period did they call you, and which phone number did they use?
Was about 2 weeks in that they phoned me I think. Got the call through on my mobile but that's my main number on my sky account as I don't have a landline.

How long have you been with Sky? The girl I spoke to on the phone made a comment about me being with them for 3 years, but could've just been usual bullshit to make out like I'm a valued customer. Either that, or there's a cutoff and they just don't give a f**k about anyone who's been with them for less than a number of years lol

J-J

ClioSport Club Member

I had this with them. When they offered me the "absolute best price sir" I told them I won't be without internet so I'll be finding another provider in the next 2 weeks so it rolls from one to the other.

They called my 6 weeks after they stopped providing me services asking if I'd consider coming back to them. Absolute mongs.

Good luck.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cancelled sky after like 15 years. They sent me a message saying they want all their equipment back? I’m assuming this is correct but also assumed the stuff would be mine?

Just did a quick search and seems you do.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Cancelled sky after like 15 years. They sent me a message saying they want all their equipment back? I’m assuming this is correct but also assumed the stuff would be mine?

Just did a quick search and seems you do.

I cancelled the internet and assumed the box was mine. Got a letter saying to send it back. Too late mate… it’s in the bin.

Cost me £50.

You used to own the sky+ box but you could cancel and then get the box chipped so this helps stop that. Miserable s***s

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Was using the fire stick for a bit, it’s good but missed the ease and pic quality of sky. Managed to get exactly what I had previously for £36 a month, £22 a month saving.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I'm due to finish with sky mid Feb.

Trying to remove Sports off my package online is proving difficult. I think I'm going to have to spend an hour on the phone tomorrow trying to negotiate. I also want to up my broadband to fiber but their "offers" are f**king ridiculous if you are an existing customer.

I like the ease of sky. The menu is fine, the kids can navigate it fine and there's enough room on the box for their recordings.
I'll watch films and sports on my stick.

Might have to sack their internet off and go elsewhere but keep the TV package.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I sacked sky Internet off ages ago and kept the TV package. Just sign up with someone else and they do all the work.
As for cancelling sports it's best to ring up. I cancelled the whole lot last week. Log into your account and search for cancel and it will lead you to a page that tells you you need to give notice blah blah but no actual way to contact them, the phone number is hidden behind a drop down on that page! I git straight through and after telling the guy 4 times I wasn't intrested he finally did what I asked.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers, I'll have a look tomorrow at that then.

Plusnet any good for fibre? They seem cheap ish at £32 for 500mb for 2 years.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I sacked their internet off and went with a 3 5G router. It’s spot on to be fair and DL speeds are mental. If ever you go somewhere with ropey WiFi you can just take it with you too 🤣.

£16.67 a month with no contract. Think it’s gone to £20 now but still cracking value. That’s my speed now, it’s miles faster than sky bb that never made it much past 70
IMG_3904.png

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
We haven't got 5g around here yet on any network.
Going to speak to Sky tomorrow and see what they can do their fiber 500 at, if not I'll go with Plusnet.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
We haven't got 5g around here yet on any network.
Going to speak to Sky tomorrow and see what they can do their fiber 500 at, if not I'll go with Plusnet.

See, that’s what gets me. Neither do we so I’ve got no idea how the f**k it works. I’m O2, wife is Vodafone and the work blower is EE and none get 5g within a mile of the house

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
See, that’s what gets me. Neither do we so I’ve got no idea how the f**k it works. I’m O2, wife is Vodafone and the work blower is EE and none get 5g within a mile of the house
As that's using 4G then.

It uses 5G then if its a not good signal will drop to 4G. Then will drop to 3G essentially.

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
I had one when we moved house to use while we waited for Virgin to install, it was ok but the signal would drop out now and then.

Good luck when you try and cancel, took 3 months to finally get my account closed :ROFLMAO:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
If that's 4g it's substantially better than mine is at home!
Screenshot_20240115_123403_org.zwanoo.android.speedtest.jpg

I'm out of contract with Plusnet now and was considering cancelling as the price has jumped £18 a month and I done want a contract until I've moved house but a mobile jobby would probably be useless here.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The only thing I really watch on sky are on discovery so I just had a look at discovery+ subs. With tnt sports it's £30.99 a month! 😂😂😂 Get fucked.

I sacked their internet off and went with a 3 5G router. It’s spot on to be fair and DL speeds are mental. If ever you go somewhere with ropey WiFi you can just take it with you too 🤣.

£16.67 a month with no contract. Think it’s gone to £20 now but still cracking value. That’s my speed now, it’s miles faster than sky bb that never made it much past 70
View attachment 1675676
Is this a p**n site?
Sacked Sky off in October after they fucked me around on moving house. Called up three weeks before, booked it all in - all gravy. Call from the estate agent suggesting I couldn't book to move in before the seller had "moved out" with Sky, so cancelled. Told to call back within 24 hours to rebook. Did so, something about a ghost order which took a week to resolve by which time slots for our move date had gone and we were looking at two weeks plus without connection.

They're still texting me asking me to come back, regardless of opting out of messages twice... bunch of utter idiots.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Just phoned to see what they can do.
The very best they can do is apply all discounts and it'll beore expensive than their automatic renewal quote.
Said I'd just cancel once I've got new BB in place and she said if that's what you want to do then do it because there's nothing else I can do🤣

Fully expecting calls this week offering me new deals.

I've got 7 days left in contract.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Wife just went to try and do it in her name but because she's put our home number in, it's linked it to my account and said the offer isn't valid.
This was the offer.
Screenshot_20240123_184955_MySky.jpg

They are "offering" me slower fibre only for more than the whole package 🤣

I can get BT for £60 with 500mb with TV (apparently this is important so they can record shite 🙄)

I'd be happy with just internet and streaming everything, like a normal person.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I think they've given up as they sent me a "why have you left?" questionnaire. Unfortunately I couldn't answer "because there's f**k all to watch".

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Wife just went to try and do it in her name but because she's put our home number in, it's linked it to my account and said the offer isn't valid.
This was the offer.
View attachment 1677382

They are "offering" me slower fibre only for more than the whole package 🤣

I can get BT for £60 with 500mb with TV (apparently this is important so they can record shite 🙄)

I'd be happy with just internet and streaming everything, like a normal person.
She just says she doesn’t have a landline. You can claim to be lodgers and she wants to sign up.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I currently pay £61/month for BT BB (500MB, I'm stuck with this until June, I got hamstrung with this "deal" as it was a new build...long story).

Sky TV was £55/Month without Sports, is now about to revert to their normal pricing of £88.

Called them today, best they can apparently do (accounting for the April increase) is £70/Month for the same package - Movies, Netflix, UHD, Entertainment. If I get the same package but with their TV thingy, it's £79 / Month for the above. They are also offering their BB (500MB) at £34/Month, so £113 all in. No Sports.

Trying to work out the best route to go, I had BT TV about 12/13 years ago and it was woeful, does anyone know if it's any better.

Probably a bit redundant as I've signed up now, £90/Month for the same BB & Full TV package (Sports etc). Get fucked, Sky!

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I currently pay £61/month for BT BB (500MB, I'm stuck with this until June, I got hamstrung with this "deal" as it was a new build...long story).

Sky TV was £55/Month without Sports, is now about to revert to their normal pricing of £88.

Called them today, best they can apparently do (accounting for the April increase) is £70/Month for the same package - Movies, Netflix, UHD, Entertainment. If I get the same package but with their TV thingy, it's £79 / Month for the above. They are also offering their BB (500MB) at £34/Month, so £113 all in. No Sports.

Trying to work out the best route to go, I had BT TV about 12/13 years ago and it was woeful, does anyone know if it's any better.

Probably a bit redundant as I've signed up now, £90/Month for the same BB & Full TV package (Sports etc). Get fucked, Sky!
Realistically, do you use all their services?
If you dont really need everything, id be looking at alternatives to stream stuff....
Amazon firestick thread.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Realistically, do you use all their services?
If you dont really need everything, id be looking at alternatives to stream stuff....
Amazon firestick thread.
I've used Kodi in years gone by (I'm sure there's better options these days).

I'm furious with Sky at the moment though, they've gone ahead and re-contracted me, without me agreeing to it. I was supposed to get a call back, as my "account of the situation" differed from theirs - until I suggested they check their phone recording, and I've also volunteered to send them the Online Chat Logs. Surprise surprise, no call back at the agreed time...

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I've used Kodi in years gone by (I'm sure there's better options these days).

I'm furious with Sky at the moment though, they've gone ahead and re-contracted me, without me agreeing to it. I was supposed to get a call back, as my "account of the situation" differed from theirs - until I suggested they check their phone recording, and I've also volunteered to send them the Online Chat Logs. Surprise surprise, no call back at the agreed time...

Sounds a fun time, you can back out within 14 days, so just prove that point to them now as the "cooling off" period.

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
Having bantz with Sky on the phone now about their price rises again. Cant be f**king arsed paying nearly £100 a month for Sky TV (inc sports) and 150MB Fibre.

What does everyone recommend?

BT?
Mrs signs up again with Sky as new customer?