ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Cancellation

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Seems expensive tbh. That not including broadband?

I pay £70 for Sports, Entertainment,HD on both, 7b broadband, calls and broadband boost.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
On the phone now

Standard package £29.
Multiroom. £15
HD. £9.

£53 a month.

Started talking about sky glass, no Idea what that is, not looked.

Just want what we have now but cheaper lol. I asked what do I need to do to move from sky even though I’m not in contract, call back and speak to cancellation team.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't get Glass tbh.
Relies on the internet for everything. Heard stories of how laggy it is even with decent connection.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
IMG_5198.jpeg

£80 to basically watch F1! I need to sort this out!

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Some reason mine doesn't show like above.

Screenshot_20230519_125936_com.bskyb.skyservice.jpg

Screenshot_20230519_125947_com.bskyb.skyservice.jpg

Screenshot_20230519_125952_com.bskyb.skyservice.jpg

Don't think I've ever made a phone call on the house phone 😂

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Going to look into not staying with sky. Partners brother has one of these boxes or whatever that’s £200 a year and has all sorts.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Might seem I’ve just woken up lol but I’ve never really paid much attention. Was only the bosses wife in work saying they pay like £120 a month lol

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry yes, it’s appears to be £34.99 at the moment.

I grabbed their “deal” in March which is £19.99 for 9 months, which I thinks pretty good considering I only want F1 channel really.

If you join at the right time it’s pretty good value if paying is the only option

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Just had my renewal through - they wanted £60 for the below, currently paying £47.50 ..

Sky Signsture
Ultimate TV Add On
sky HD
Multi screen
Ultra HD

They’ve offered me £52 through retentions chat however I feel like playing the game so have requested to cancel, let’s see what I get!

Just had my renewal through - they wanted £60 for the below, currently paying £47.50 ..

Sky Signsture
Ultimate TV Add On
sky HD
Multi screen
Ultra HD

They’ve offered me £52 through retentions chat however I feel like playing the game so have requested to cancel, let’s see what I get!

How did you get on? I have an almost identical package and am being quoted over £60 for renewal.
Do they still play the game where if you threaten to cancel they give you a better offer?

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
Few people I know have had bonkers renewal quotes and have either ended up cancelling or moving to Sky Stream because they couldn’t negotiate anything close to acceptable.
That said, I’ve just renewed, similar package to above plus Sky Sports for £65 which is only a tenner more than my last bundle and this time I have multiroom so I have no idea what their business model is right now.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I cancelled mine. Went from £67 with BB to £130 ish. Phoned and the offers were dismal so told them to piss off.

3 weeks in I got a letter offering signature, sports, kids and HD for £37 so went with it. Ended up at £42 once the other bits of s**t were on. They would only take £5 off BB so went to a three 5g mobile broadband thing for £16.67 a month.

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Few people I know have had bonkers renewal quotes and have either ended up cancelling or moving to Sky Stream because they couldn’t negotiate anything close to acceptable.
That said, I’ve just renewed, similar package to above plus Sky Sports for £65 which is only a tenner more than my last bundle and this time I have multiroom so I have no idea what their business model is right now.

I honestly think it’s to piss people off. They seem determined to move people to sky glass which is just a no-go as I don’t want one of their shitty TVs.

Even trying to just buy sky q as a new customer through their website is almost impossible, especially on a mobile device.

I didn’t used to mind paying for sky but now they’ve lost so much content to Dinsney+, Amazon prime, Netflix, discovery+ etc it doesn’t feel like even close to good value. All I watch on sky now is the sport and basically just use the box to access the apps for other stuff

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I didn’t used to mind paying for sky but now they’ve lost so much content to Dinsney+, Amazon prime, Netflix, discovery+ etc it doesn’t feel like even close to good value. All I watch on sky now is the sport and basically just use the box to access the apps for other stuff
Exactly how I feel, I'm going to cancel mine when the renewal comes up and find F1 from another source.

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly how I feel, I'm going to cancel mine when the renewal comes up and find F1 from another source.

NowTV is a decent shout if you get their annual offer for £20 per month. All Sky Sports. Saves having to pay the silly prices for their packages if you’re not keen anymore

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
NowTV is a decent shout if you get their annual offer for £20 per month. All Sky Sports. Saves having to pay the silly prices for their packages if you’re not keen anymore
Cheers, either that or a VPN and the official F1 thing.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
How did you get on? I have an almost identical package and am being quoted over £60 for renewal.
Do they still play the game where if you threaten to cancel they give you a better offer?

Had to wait 2 weeks before I had a call (which I missed) and then an email to say they had an offer for me ... managed to get them down to £44 a month so basically what I was paying before.

I probably could have got a better deal if I had waited it out a little longer but just wanted to get it locked in to make sure we had something.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Weird one, virgin media (signed contract in November 2022) went up from £55 to £70. Turns out my deal was £85 per month with a £30 credit. The first lady couldnt explain the RPI applied onto the account aswell as the 3.9% increase VM applied. So turns out it was 13.4% (Total 17.3%) . Then the call dropped off.

So current situation was £100 - £30 Credit = £70
Called back for the second time, and the lady reduced it and honoured same contract I was on.

Dropped it back to the £55 with removal of a telephone package I don't use.

I was boggled and still am, how she kept me in the same contract but make it the same price. Either way, soon as its done. im off to anyone who supplies Gigabit Fibre. One year to go really.

Advise given is, call up virgin if your in contract see if they will honour their first contract you signed.

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
I'm just on the phone to cancel sky as I'm fed up with paying £96 a month just to watch football and f1. I know this has been covered, but what are my options to get football and f1 without sky?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm just on the phone to cancel sky as I'm fed up with paying £96 a month just to watch football and f1. I know this has been covered, but what are my options to get football and f1 without sky?

Not watching
Now TV
Finding a stream online
IPTV to which I'm sure some members on here can assist with

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
For those of you using NOW TV for watching sport, how are you finding it? Any drawbacks? Any tips?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
For those of you using NOW TV for watching sport, how are you finding it? Any drawbacks? Any tips?

I find now tv has a significant delay on the streams. Like a minute or so

I use it on the app on my ipad.

I use it on my bt you view box too. Not sure what the delay is like on there but picture quality on both is good.

I only use it for sport

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
I know it is different but i got my bt tv renewed today.

Got my normal big sport (TNT - what was bt sport and now sport) with HD for £31.00

Then got my broadband upgraded to 500mb for 39.99 a mth.

Not bad value i thought and no hassle in changing supplier

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
I know it is different but i got my bt tv renewed today.

Got my normal big sport (TNT - what was bt sport and now sport) with HD for £31.00

Then got my broadband upgraded to 500mb for 39.99 a mth.

Not bad value i thought and no hassle in changing supplier
Cheers for the info. 👍

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
On webchat to Sky just now. Been out of contract for ages paying £90 a month and needed it sorted.

It's taken the guy 45 minutes to come back and tell me the best offer they can do is £94pm plus a £20 admin fee?! 😂 and has tried to sell it to me by saying that it includes the price difference from April '24 onwards. So 8 months away then yeah? f**king clowns

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
On webchat to Sky just now. Been out of contract for ages paying £90 a month and needed it sorted.

It's taken the guy 45 minutes to come back and tell me the best offer they can do is £94pm plus a £20 admin fee?! 😂 and has tried to sell it to me by saying that it includes the price difference from April '24 onwards. So 8 months away then yeah? f**king clowns
I was similar to you, so I've cancelled mine, waiting for them to contact me on the last day with a better offer...! Cheeky C*nts!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Sky just don’t seem interested in renewals atm spent a good hour on the phone trying to sort it but

I’ve ended up going over to virgin @ £74pm for

Max it TV package (all channels basically)
TNT sports
Netflix subscription
Gigabit Broadband
Two TV boxes
Landline (even tho we won’t use it)

Sky’s “best” offer would have been over £130

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I was similar to you, so I've cancelled mine, waiting for them to contact me on the last day with a better offer...! Cheeky C*nts!
I'm hoping they still do that. I've just told them to cancel it too, so the waiting game begins.

Eventually got down to £70 but that was dropping multiroom. Tbh, it isn't bad, considering it includes Netflix which would be £15.99pm anyway, so really only £54 for the TV with Sports, Cinema & UHD. UHD sports is about the only reason I'm with them though, so it's worth a punt on the cancellations to see if they get anything better.

Sky just don’t seem interested in renewals atm spent a good hour on the phone trying to sort it but

I’ve ended up going over to virgin @ £74pm for

Max it TV package (all channels basically)
TNT sports
Netflix subscription
Gigabit Broadband
Two TV boxes
Landline (even tho we won’t use it)

Sky’s “best” offer would have been over £130
That looks similar to the deal I seen online with Virgin. We already have their broadband and going on that basis I could probably get an equivalent to my Sky TV package for about another 50 quid a month.

Do you know if the nNtflix sub through Virgin is the standard HD or 'premium' UHD?

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
I'm hoping they still do that. I've just told them to cancel it too, so the waiting game begins.

Eventually got down to £70 but that was dropping multiroom. Tbh, it isn't bad, considering it includes Netflix which would be £15.99pm anyway, so really only £54 for the TV with Sports, Cinema & UHD. UHD sports is about the only reason I'm with them though, so it's worth a punt on the cancellations to see if they get anything better.

That looks similar to the deal I seen online with Virgin. We already have their broadband and going on that basis I could probably get an equivalent to my Sky TV package for about another 50 quid a month.

Do you know if the nNtflix sub through Virgin is the standard HD or 'premium' UHD?
Ye the offer online I saw was for new customers and a pretty similar price but they couldn’t “match” it apparently Netflix sub is standard, it’s an extra £5 to have premium.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator

Can I view Netflix in 4K Ultra HD?​

To view Netflix content in 4k Ultra HD, you will need to upgrade your plan to the Netflix Premium plan (for an additional monthly cost). You can do this via your MyVM account or directly with Netflix once you have completed registration.

Answer is, HD, unless upgraded.

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Had the cancellation call from Sky today. Wasn't expecting much but they've actually came back with a decent offer.

Sky Signature with Netflix included, UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and Multiroom for £58 a month. Fucked multiroom off, which brought it down to I think £50 or £51pm.

I probably could've tried to haggle them down more but considering if I never had a TV package I'd spunk £15.99 on Premium Netflix anyway, effectively only paying another £35pm for Sky Cinema and Sports in UHD seemed a good deal.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Had the cancellation call from Sky today. Wasn't expecting much but they've actually came back with a decent offer.

Sky Signature with Netflix included, UHD, Sky Sports, Sky Cinema and Multiroom for £58 a month. Fucked multiroom off, which brought it down to I think £50 or £51pm.

I probably could've tried to haggle them down more but considering if I never had a TV package I'd spunk £15.99 on Premium Netflix anyway, effectively only paying another £35pm for Sky Cinema and Sports in UHD seemed a good deal.

The UHD on a decent screen is where it’s at.

Watching in HD now like wearing beer goggles :)

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nice little surprise to the deal I got above when I checked my updated billing. Once they've took off the multiscreen it's somehow come down to £43.50 a month! Not complaining at that. Forgot that as well as Netflix I'm also getting Paramount+ and Discovery+ access through Sky too, not that I've ever really watched anything on either of them.

Insane that they have basically halved the monthly price of my package from what was the 'best offer' I was being offered before.