ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky broadband

DCi
Anyone's sky bb gone down? Particularly in west Cheshire / Wirral direction... Currently on me phone, yikes

DCi
Fcuking retards...

I posted on facebook that my bb had gone down and I got a load of comments saying 'ah youre with sky too' etc so obviously an outage at my exchange.

I'd already rang sky helpdesk and they failed to identify this outage and decided to send me a new router.

I got a text next morning off a mate saying his bb came back up... Mine hadn't.

My theory is because my router authorises by MAC as apposed to u/n and p/w that the sending of a new router has wiped my old routers MAC off their list so to speak.

Which means because their retards can't test lines properly I am stuck without Internet all week (which I'm paying for, bet they are happy to take my cash!!)

So I ring back to try and test the theory and I wondered if they would read my mac address out again to prove my point... She said because the new router had been sent out the system is blank so I know that is the error now but when I said I know people who had an outage and they are now fine and I'm not because your colleagues test messed up she was just like what do u want me to do our tests are perfect if they said your router needs replacing then it must be true because we never send out new routers!

Ahhhhh rage!!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I'm on my 3rd sky router, it never sorted the problem so a couple of months ago they decided to
pay for a BT engineer to test our phone line, turns out there was a problem with the juction box
in the next street so everythings sorted now.

Every time you ring up get them to register your call as a complaint about the broardband and when it's
sorted you can ask for a discount and they'll give you one.

They don't always register your calls as complaints, it has to go through to a Sky IT engineer to
be recorded as a complaint.