ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sky Broadband packages changing

Lee

BMW M2C
Not impressed. I was more than happy with my £5 a month 8mb 40gb cap Broadband Mid package.

Now it's been rebranded as Everyday and the speed has been increased to 10mb (which my line/exchange won't hit anyway) and they've lowered the usage cap to 10gb per month!!! 40gb was perfect, in fact I'd even be fine with 30gb, but 10gb is taking the piss. Normally I'm really pleased with most services Sky offer, but this is just going backwards.

The new packages are here, check them out as you might find yourself exceeding your bandwidth allocation really easily now!http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyproducts/broadband

Looks like they've upped the price too, used to be £10 a month for unlimited, now its only £10 if you have sky talk.

02/be ftw.
If your an 02 customer you can get unlimited downloads for £7.50

Ph2 172
I'm in the same situation as well, and i'm not happy about it either!! Not sure there is much we can do though. My plan is to keep on "everyday" and see what happens. When i was on Orange i had a stupidly low limit, and i'm sure i was over it within a week, but nothing ever happened about it.

S3, HD Nightster
Yeh... but has anyone ever had any problems going over the download limit?

I'm on the free sky service, which is capped, but I regularly (over a period of years) download large files.... sometimes 25gb 1080p trilogies. I've never had any letters or warnings of any kind.

Fiesta Zetec S TDCi
Yeh... but has anyone ever had any problems going over the download limit?

I'm on the free sky service, which is capped, but I regularly (over a period of years) download large files.... sometimes 25gb 1080p trilogies. I've never had any letters or warnings of any kind.

Same here, although I don't batter it quite as much lol. Been with them over 2 years and never had a problem with the limit :)

same situation here too. Looking around at changing this and phone line. thinking O2 for BB and going back to BT for Line and Tel

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
I'm on the same plan, and I rinse the downloads. Never been warned though...

(Touches wood)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Tell them your leaving, they may offer you a good deal. If they dont, definatly leave.

Having used O2, Be, Tiscali, and BT. I would go for Be or O2, (when i did a speed test my ISP showed up as Be unlimited as both so i assume they are the same company anyway?). Avoid BT like the plague

Also Be and O2 have epic customer service :)

spoke to o2 yesterday trying to blag some extra discount or the pro wireless router as we have two contracts in our house but the guy wasnt playing ball. They can apparently give us 7mb yet sky can only do 4mb. The odd world of ADSL....