ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Rigs - Let’s see yours

Clio
Hang on, 4 parcels in the shipment..... one of them has this. The other 3 are return to sender.

This is a right s**t show.

1700899017418.png

Clio
Hmmmm, I'm hoping its just wrong in UPS and they are all together in one package and the website isn't displaying correctly, but I think thats more hope than reality.

But a bit of digging the parcels going back are

6.6kg, DD?
4kg, pedals?
1.1kg desk mount?

And the one apparently being here by the 30th is 2.3kg so probably the wheel?

At least I can it in the living room with the wheel going brrrrrm brrrrm smash for 3 months.

Clio
Forgot to add, if the desk mount is 2.3kg and is the only thing to turn up I'm going to put my c**k in it and do a 90 degree tighten every day until Fanatec deliver as a protest.

You will be able to see all updates on the Fanatec forum.

Clio
Oh Fanatec you little teasers, you were doing so well. Dangling that little carrot of one parcel at least....

4 for 4 back in Hamburg, Deutschland as of this morning.

1701164542037.png

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
I am loving the GTO Titan. I’m not a sim racer at all, I play video games to have fun, but it’s just so much more immersive even with entry level kit on it.

Some of the best money I’ve spent I think.

Clio
Well..... great help from Fanatec customer services again. But I'm not backing down now, I want my gear.

Dear Peter,

Due to an error in the warehouse, your order has unfortunately not been processed correctly and has therefore been returned to us again.
I have had a talk with the warehouse and it seems that it was caused by a system error on their side.
Please let me know if you would still like to have this order or if you would like it to be cancelled and refunded.
I apologise for this inconvenience and wish you a pleasant day,
Best regards / Freundliche Grüße
Akim

Why can't they stop apologising and tell me what they are going to do to get it fixed?

I've been pretty crap with my replies to them recently but I've now asked some direct questions.

Hi Akim,

I would like to continue with the order. I hope that now you have contacted the warehouse, they understand the mistake we can get this rectified and posted back out very quickly.

All items are now back with you so there should be very little issue in providing the correct documentation to UPS.

Please can you reassure me that we now know the issue and you can act quickly to get this sorted? Also could you provide an estimated date that this will be delivered?

Many thanks,

Pete

Clio
It would cost them less money at this point to have someone drive from Germany and hand deliver it
I believe they tried this but turned right out of Germany and have since opened up a new front on the Soviet Union with all the other parcels destined for England.

I know that when it gets delivered it will have be thrown around so many delivery vans and warehouses it won't work and then I'll have to send it back and start again.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Their Black Friday orders were beyond expectation apparently. Orders could take up to 10 days to process.

Thats nowt. @mace¬ here is now going on for 10+ WEEKS :sick:

Clio
Well, new order in progress again. Order number 3 now they've placed. Using UPS Express Saver this time so it might be delivered to Hamburg alot quicker.

And I guess the UPS express only matters when they actually pick it up so probably another 3-4 weeks of completely shipped, label printed etc.

Clio
Day 106 in the Fanatec warehouse but I now have another label printed. UPS Express delivery so at this rate it might be home for Christmas.

Then again it might not. Blown all my cash on Christmas and an office so can't afford to buy the rig yet.

997.1, Caddy, e208
I'm driving through Europe on Friday if you want me to collect.

I'm not back until after Christmas, but it'll probably still be faster than waiting

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Does anyone have any experience of the Collective Minds Drivehub?

Got mine yesterday, connected it up and it's making the wheel behave really strangely. It has resistance all the time, even when not in game and, if you do try to use it, it doesn't recognise any steering inputs.

Tried updating the firmware, updating the Xbox controller, but no luck so far. Have submitted a question to CM themselves, but thought I'd ask here in case anyone has used one.

Clio
So it was the run up to Christmas and all was still then out of nowhere came a gift from UPS.....

1703243985319.png

Past experience leads me to believe that they don't do very well obtaining the information they need from Fanatec.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you buddy but I'll be surprised if you receive them.

Clio
I've emailed back their Customer service on my open ticket they have asking them to sort ASAP.

Little to no hope but lets see if they can pull something off.

I'm invested now, they've tried to offer me a refund before but I'm seeing this through, they can deliver on what they promised. It must be at the point now that the cost of them continually try to deliver this has eaten away any profit they had in it.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
There are 50000 other folk in the same boat as you. All over the world it seems.

Jonnio

ClioSport Club Member
  Punto HGT Abarth
Saw a YT video looking at some used wheel options the other night.

"Why would you pay more for used Fanatec gear than new?" was one of the questions the guy asked himself.

182 FF Inferno
Looking around online on various sim racing forums, it sounds like Fanatec are in a right mess with deliveries!

Plenty of stories of people ordering weeks/ months ago for delivery before Xmas and recieving nothing.

Clio
UPDATE......
Its here
1704202761649.png

and yeah I thought that box looks a bit beat up.....
1704202873868.png

So yeah, its not all here.

Been robbed by the delivery driver I think.

I said to him wait there let me check it before you go and he was pretty keen to go. I said there were 4 packages and there is only three. His reply was I thought it was a bit light looks like you are missing your Direct drive. Nothing I can do you'll need to raise a claim through UPS.

How the f**k would he know the direct drive was missing?

So it goes on......

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I wonder if that’s part of the reason it’s taken so long. But then not if matey knows what went missing.

Bet you sparked the courier out first and asked questions later, CS style?

Clio
Looked at him, smiled and said thank you.

I've pretty much lost the will to live and don't even know if I'm that bothered anymore.

Can't even bring myself to open the other boxes as they'll be worth more still sealed lol

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
UPDATE......
Its here
View attachment 1674509
and yeah I thought that box looks a bit beat up.....
View attachment 1674511

So yeah, its not all here.

Been robbed by the delivery driver I think.

I said to him wait there let me check it before you go and he was pretty keen to go. I said there were 4 packages and there is only three. His reply was I thought it was a bit light looks like you are missing your Direct drive. Nothing I can do you'll need to raise a claim through UPS.

How the f**k would he know the direct drive was missing?

So it goes on......
If it’s been shipped from Germany then it will have a customs dec which will describe the contents. It’s possible he just checked the missing one from there.

Clio
If it’s been shipped from Germany then it will have a customs dec which will describe the contents. It’s possible he just checked the missing one from there.
Yeah might be wrong but the invoice on the box didn't call it a direct drive. It was a CSL_DD_PSU90, just seemed odd the way he said he thought it was a bit light, then straight into the box and said your direct drive is missing. From what I can see from the Fanatec boxes that have arrived is that it says whats in them in big letters.

Unless he was into Sim Racing and knows what would be needed.

Clio
Should have just refused it and told him to stick it back on the truck
Did think that, but not sure how that plays out with it being returned to Fanatec, thought I'd play my cards dealing with UPS who then refer it back to Fanatec to see if the customer service works better that way.

Any reply I get from Fanatec has been 10 working days plus, so would expect that conversation to be another month plus the time it takes for the box to get back to them.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Finally got my drivehub working with EA Sports WRC yesterday, as Collective Minds replied to my support email.

This means I can now use my Thrustmaster TSS handbrake, instead of having to fumble for the "B" button on the wheel. Still not entirely sure why it wasn't working before, as I'm sure I tried what they suggested already, but there we are. Annoyingly, if I try and use it with Dirt 2.0, the moment you pull the handbrake in game, it stops recognising the steering wheel, so that's a bit s**t.