ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sim Rigs - Let’s see yours

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still nothing on my order but this has come from their CEO. Doesn't sound like they are any closer to resolving anything.

I'm just going to sit tight, new office being delivered on the 1st Nov so as long as I get it by end of November it suits me well and I can look to get a decent rig to fix it all to.

Such a shame that your delivery has gone to s**t. :(

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Still nothing on my order but this has come from their CEO. Doesn't sound like they are any closer to resolving anything.

I'm just going to sit tight, new office being delivered on the 1st Nov so as long as I get it by end of November it suits me well and I can look to get a decent rig to fix it all to.

That sounds like they have tried to do way too much all at once?

New ERP system. New website. New suppliers - to name but a few of things he mentioned? That's an insane amount of change to implement in a small timeframe.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S

If he's there leader that explains a lot...

182 FF Inferno
Pretty close to pulling the trigger on a GT Omega Prime Lite rig as an upgrade from my Playseat. Anyone else on here run one ( prime lite or standard prime)?

Really unsure on what seat to get. I'm not that light weight (about 16 stone, 5ft 8) so I thought the xl seat would be best but these are apparantly huge and u reckon I may rattle around too much in it. Probably go for a standard rs9 or the new rs12. To be honest none of the reviews praise them much for comfort.!

182 FF Inferno
Why would you rattle around in a static rig?

Not rattle around as such, just the seat being far too wide. Did a bit more research and read of a guy who was 6ft 3 and 260 pounds, even he found it too big.

I've ordered it with the rs9 seat now.

It was either the Prime Lite or the Playseat Trophy. I do like the look of the Trophy but with the Prime Lite being Alimininium extrusions, theres plenty of scope for extras and upgrades in the future without replacing the whole rig. Also I can look at getting some Tlcm pedals now and maybe the SF1000 rim.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I'm going to get in on this, as I have decided I really need to get a wheel setup.

Getting hold of stuff in Saudi can be tricky and, outside the basic Logitech gear, I would have to import everything. I've been looking at a Thrustmaster TX, does anyone have any experience with those? I'm on Xbox, and would like to add a shifter and handbrake, which (I think) the TX will support.

I had considered Fanatec, but I have no idea how easy shipping would be and, based on the posts above, it sounds like I could end up waiting months for it, as even stuff imported from abroad through Amazon can take 2-3 weeks to get here!

Clio
I had considered Fanatec, but I have no idea how easy shipping would be and, based on the posts above, it sounds like I could end up waiting months for it, as even stuff imported from abroad through Amazon can take 2-3 weeks to get here!
100% recommendation for Fanatec. Can pretty much guarantee they'll get an order to Saudi quicker than they can the UK. Thats not exactly saying much though.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
I’d go Fanatec still for console compatibility. From what I can gather from Reddit, more recent Fanatec orders have been ok?

I’d avoid Thustmaster and Logitech. The game has moved on.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
I'll drop them a message to ask them about shipping, but I don't hold out much hope. If I was to go down the Fanatec route, would the below be the right starting point? Might not go for it all at once, as I could add the shift and handbrake later, but I think that would depend on shipping costs.

Does it come with clamps and everything to fit it to a rig?

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
I’d go Fanatec still for console compatibility. From what I can gather from Reddit, more recent Fanatec orders have been ok?

I have a Logitech and I think it’s great. Can only imagine what fanatec is like. Just can’t justify the cost just now

182 FF Inferno

Latest Logitech dd is supposed to be good. But it's lacking any choice of wheel and is also best part of £1500 with pedals.

Quite happy with my Thrustmaster T300, although waiting for the T818 to be available for console. Whether I buy it will depend on price.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
It all comes down to weather you lock yourself into an eco-system eg. Logitech, Thrustmaster and Fanatec or go down a route that is more open ie. Simucube, Asetek etc.

Any that buys the Logitech DD is aff their rocker given its price.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
I didn't like the Logitech because it was gear driven and felt like a toy. The thrustmaster at my local SIM racing place feels much better think it's a ts pc or something similar. Either way if I didn't want to go straight into DD I would probably go thrust master to start out.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
and focused on PC flight sims, so virgins was almost certainly their core target market.
10082012.jpg

Big Toe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio Campus
I didn't like the Logitech because it was gear driven and felt like a toy. The thrustmaster at my local SIM racing place feels much better think it's a ts pc or something similar. Either way if I didn't want to go straight into DD I would probably go thrust master to start out.
Had a Thrustmaster and it snapped a paddle shifter within a week. Never heard of that happening so I assume it was a faulty one or damaged in transit. But either way I was out off the brand. Was going to go Fanatec but after hearing the problems with delivery I’ve just played it safe with a Logitech as it’s nothing serious.

Clio
Well well well I've had an update from Fanatec....

I guess mine falls under the under the in limbo as it was just marked as completely shipped.... so lets lay bets..... gift voucher for your next purchase as a proper apology?

Feedback we’ve received about our shipping delays directly from customers as well as via social media haven’t gone unnoticed, and the critique has been justified.

By placing an order with us, you also placed your trust in us to receive your goods in a timely manner or at least receive transparent status updates. We know full well we did not meet those expectations, and today want to finally provide you with good news.

As you may already know, hundreds of orders bound for countries outside the EU were impacted by incomplete export documentation. Some packages were in limbo, others returned to our new warehouse, often undocumented until recently. It’s been a laborious process sorting out each individual case in order to reconcile the situation.

The good news is we will be reshipping your order, for which you should receive a tracking number update as soon as your parcels are handed over to UPS. This should happen within the next few business days. You will also find updates in your Fanatec account.

Please note that UPS may bill the import charges for this reshipment to you. However, we will credit you any import charges on your original shipment if you are prompted to pay a second time if

• you already paid these and can provide us with a copy of both UPS invoices,
  • and provide us with either your PayPal account or bank transfer data.

Finally, we know a simple reshipment of your order is not enough to help you regain confidence in us as a reliable service partner. For this reason, we will be reaching out to you as soon as we’ve processed all open orders with a proper apology, in the hopes that a gesture of goodwill on our part is the first step in doing right by you.

Thank you for bearing with our challenges for so long.

Clio
Looky looky ....Office coming on the 1st Nov.... unfortunately the expedited build my office means I have no funds to fix it to anything and definitely no funds for a new screen . do you think they'll be pissed off if I ask them to delay delivery for 6 weeks

1697931077323.png

182 FF Inferno
Update on my rig :

IMG_20231022_160219.jpg

GT Omega Prime Lite built. Pic is a work in progress. It's all built and assembled now, just some minor adjustments to make and a bit of cable tidying.

Massive upgrade from my Playseat Evolution. Solid and, in my opinion very over engineered, but I'm pretty sure I won't have to buy another rig again.

Absolute nightmare to build, prob best part of 9hrs. Mainly due to the rubbish t slot nuts they use. Started off oh so careful not to damage the black finish, but it's inevitable it will get marked.

Probably look at T-LCM pedals next.

182 FF Inferno
Looks awesome, but f**k that! 😂

I'd like to say it was enjoyable, it was at first but by the time your screwing the 97th T-nut and the fecker twists and pops out of line it gets a bit tedious.

Main frame wasn't too bad but attaching the seat, the pedal plate and particularly the shifter mount was painful! Didn't help being a bit lacking in build space and another 4 pairs of hands would have been useful.

Would definately recommend it at this price though (£590 Inc seat and floor mat)

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Fanatec came back to me. The links (quoted below) would all work for me on my Xbox. Problem is, they don't ship to Saudi and could only recommend that I get it sent somewhere else and then onto Saudi through a freight forwarding company. The problem is, no more warranty if I go down that route, though I guess it wouldn't be much different with Thrustmaster in reality, as I'd be ordering that from overseas too.

Surprisingly, by the time I've added a handbrake and shifter, the Fanatec is about 270 quid cheaper - 70 of that is because I wouldn't need the hub to connect it all together, which I think I would need for the TM. Mind you, I could see a chunk of that being eaten up by the additional delivery faff with the Fanatec.

What's the lead time on Fanatec stuff right now?

I'll drop them a message to ask them about shipping, but I don't hold out much hope. If I was to go down the Fanatec route, would the below be the right starting point? Might not go for it all at once, as I could add the shift and handbrake later, but I think that would depend on shipping costs.

Does it come with clamps and everything to fit it to a rig?

Clio
What's the lead time on Fanatec stuff right now?
Ordered on the 29th August, 30th August Completely Shipped received nothing

Order redone by them on the 20th October. Got a nice little email saying all in hand expect 5 days for it to be handed to UPS for delivery. 21st October moved to Completely Shipped and have heard nothing since.

I think they are having issues with non-EU deliveries so its a finger in the wind kind of answer.

Good luck.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Is it a motion setup? Wheelbase looks a bit close to the underside of the monitor if it is.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is it a motion setup? Wheelbase looks a bit close to the underside of the monitor if it is.
Motion yes. And the pic you see is after I spent all of 10 minutes putting it together. He’s put it back up for sale now so no point in changing anything. 😂😂

Leon FR ST
Looking for some advice/recommendations....got the young lad a wheel and pedels for his birthday but wonder if it's worth getting a frame, if so any recommendations?
Cheers folks

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Seems my musings over Fanatec and Thrustmaster have become a bit irrelevant, as my missus bought me a Logitech G923 and shifter as an early birthday present - I think she was fed up of me saying I should get a wheel :LOL:

Going to run with it for now, as I'm sure I'll still have plenty of fun with it. Quick question though, is it possible to add a separate handbrake? I searched online but couldn't find much info. I saw a reddit post talking about a drivehub - anyone know the deal?