ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silky Ignis Sport

Swift Sport
They're definitely a Marmite car, but they're very cheap to run and perform brilliantly. Being Japanese you get a bit of build quality too, which is nice.

Here's my old one on the same coilovers at Bedford...

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks well. :) Those coilovers are ridiculously stiff aren't they! Used to be mine before Ste, the spring rates are retarded, I literally couldn't live with them!

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Looks well. :) Those coilovers are ridiculously stiff aren't they! Used to be mine before Ste, the spring rates are retarded, I literally couldn't live with them!

These coilovers have been around haven't they! Though this was a 'Clio' forum ;)

But I'm finding them alright so far, even living in Edinburgh. Whats more amazing is that my missus finds them more comfortable than the Racelands I had on the 1.2 Clio!

CBR1K, F21 125D
Great cars, love mine.

I wouldnt mod the suspension personally. Maybe some RS-R -20mm springs and chop the bump stops slightly and add a RS-R tie bar too, but no way I'd enjoy coilovers knowing how stiff it is already. I would put it on par with Tein supersports on full already.

So must ruin some of the fun you can have with the coils on. On the the road anyway.

I have a Monster filter and OMP braces too, but only modded the intake route not cut the box, as it looks less than ideal for sitting in traffic.

People make me laugh when they think they dont get from A-B swiftly enough, they really do get up and go from rolling to 80-90mph, and stop and turn in great.

These coilovers have been around haven't they! Though this was a 'Clio' forum ;)

But I'm finding them alright so far, even living in Edinburgh. Whats more amazing is that my missus finds them more comfortable than the Racelands I had on the 1.2 Clio!

I got them from the Ignis forum, didn't have them (or the car) too long before they moved on to Ste. FYI they come in at about £1400 delivered BEFORE import tax! :eek: I was in the throws of replacing them when I decided to get shot of the car. The roads round my way are just too bumpy for them. Put it this way, my Civic coilovers spring rates are 9kg front and 6kg rear, the Ignis are 14kg front and 8kg rear! And the car weighs 300kg less!

Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
It was between the Yaris and one of these for me. Went for the Yaris in the end though! Nice little warm hatches as a stepping stone to 182/Civic Type R etc

It was between the Yaris and one of these for me. Went for the Yaris in the end though! Nice little warm hatches as a stepping stone to 182/Civic Type R etc

I've had both (more than 1 Yaris actually) and can say they are both great cars. The Ignis feels like a modded, stripped out Yaris. Out the box the Ignis wins but my heart still lies with the Yaris tbh.

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Got a Go Pro Hero last week and finally gave it a test today locally.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heez

ClioSport Club Member
  Superleggera'd Bean
Lolololol can you tell?! Im surprised how well the Hero coped with it tbh. I was expecting it to be all over the place and just have constant camera shake!

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I just cannot get on with these one bit.Maybe driving one would change my mind but still funny looking little things.

Swift Sport
I just cannot get on with these one bit.Maybe driving one would change my mind but still funny looking little things.

Yeah you're not going to buy one based on looks, they're just loads of fun to drive. I think they look good with the right mods!