ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silicone stuck on body work

1.2 TCE
Hi,

I have recenty removed my sideskirts from my car and i am left will several little blobs of black silicone running along the bottom of my car (each side).

Does anyone have any suggestion as to how i will go about getting this stuff off?

I have seen a silicone disolver but i fear it might c*ck up the paint.

Any help will be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Golf GTD Mk7
tar remover or turps would be my first port of call. Don't use a razor blade is all i'll say, its not a window frame ;)

RSC 182 Cup
Eucalyptus oil (if you can buy it in the UK?)

Works wonders on removing silicone and the sticky stuff left behind from decals etc. My father inlaw used it to remove silicone from his new Mazda and said it got it off in no time. I used it to remove the stripes off my RSC, just wash it off with water when you're done.

Grocery stores and pharmacies sell it here.

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
if its black it sounds like sikaflex some know it as sticker flex its a right t*at to get off, id try rubbing it with ur finger aswell. the thing is it will proberly be stuck better to the the paint more than the paint to the car.