ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Silenced De Cat

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
hey
I was just wondering what people think of the Silenced De-Cats?
Got a full exhaust system on the way as mine keeps blowing no matter how many times i repair it, and this replacement comes with a Silenced De-Cat.

AFAIK its a right pain to fit a cat to the 172, and before i commit myself to doing so i would like peoples views on them.

Do they add any power? Or torque? Will i notice?

More importantly the sound, the Exhaust is a 2.25" Pipe and i was going to connect it to the normal cat, I am aiming for Not so much drone on the motorway doing 70. And if a Decat with silencer will increase the "drone" i would steer clear.

Let me know your views please!

MK3 GTI golf 16v
Had 3 cars with decats and all have behaved the same way, does not increase drone as such. They don't make the car louder in general just louder on acceleration

I can sit at constant revs on the motorway and barely hear the car, but floor it and it makes a difference

That make sense ? I think they are good, prefer it to having just a loud exhaust which get boring from the drone like you say

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
What exhaust system is it?

If you want to fix your current one, remove the crappy olive joint and sleeve it, guarantee no blowing then.

Its the KTR 182 Look exhaust for the 172. Full stainless 2.25" with a center silencer.
The exhaust is blowing from olive and center to back, Been cleaned and resealed and new gaskets 4 times now and within a week both joints are blowing. I just think this exhaust has exhausted itself ;)
It is after all from a Ph1 and modified so could be over 10 years old!

Had 3 cars with decats and all have behaved the same way, does not increase drone as such. They don't make the car louder in general just louder on acceleration

I can sit at constant revs on the motorway and barely hear the car, but floor it and it makes a difference

That make sense ? I think they are good, prefer it to having just a loud exhaust which get boring from the drone like you say

That does make sense yea, I may have to fit it as an experiment anyway then. If it is too loud I will just spend an hour under the car and change it back :)