ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Sick! Fed up!

Scruffy blue 182
Car's been in for 36K service today and MOT. Total cost £418 including:

Wrong oil - 10W40
Rear brake pads that the 1st phone call said were worn but were OK, 2nd phone call said car had failed MOT on brake pads.
Car wash that left windows scruffy and paint streaky.

The dealer also rang me to ask if I still owned the car - as it was due for a MOT. I told them I knew that, and it might be worth checking in their workshop to make sure it was still there....

Still have the front brakes and two tyres to look forward to in the near future.

Renault Service...don't you just love it.

M2 Competition
Why not take it to rstuning mate?

Renault dealers are terrible, lots of us no longer use them for services etc

Scruffy blue 182
up north is Newcastle....still a bit of a hike. Maybe my best shot is Robertshaw Racing - they race in the Clio Cup, don't know much about them other than they are about a mile away from my house:)

Yaris Hybrid
I washed my car just before the service and they also washed it after finishing the service. Somehow they managed to make the car look dirtier by washing it.

LY V6 with Recaros
That's alot of money! I would personally just take it somewhere else after the first experience I had with Renault!

RS Clio 200
if mine does ever actually go to renault rather than mark fish now i tell them not to dare touch it with their water and sponges or they will be paying for a respray. supprisingly thats the only time they listen!!

LY V6 with Recaros
^^Yep, I told them not to wash mine when it had the servive, the receptionist looked at me like I was crazy! Mark Fish from now on though.

RS Clio 200
it was but noone bothered putting their names down.
Ill pm ya some details, and repost in meets

Anyone used Whitehouse in Dartford?

I'd be really interested to hear how you got on. Then I'll share.:mad:

I use them mate, to be honest they seem to have slipped a bit in my overal rating of local dealerships. On the plus side the head tech there Matt knows the 172/182/v6 very well he used to own a 172 cup and is completely clued up on all there problems, everytime I go there I never get fobbed off with any bull from him.....
However, the last time I had it serviced my car come back a shocker.. Wrong oil even though I told them what I wanted prior, over filled my expansion bottle alot, my car was left in a complete mess inside with dirt, leftover rubbish etc which wasnt there to start with, car was not cleaned at all when they told me it was..
The New girls on reception are just plain f**king rude if you ask me. Now when I go I just ask to speak to the tech Matt and all is well...

Rob.

Scruffy blue 182
Car's been in for 36K service today and MOT. Total cost £418 including:

Wrong oil - 10W40
10-40 is fine its aloowed under the spec so long as temsp don't drop under -20 degrees

Yeah - been back to the Dealer to discuss, and they rolled out the Renault Oil Chart....
Still - the service book says different....

10-40 is fine its aloowed under the spec so long as temsp don't drop under -20 degrees

Yeah - been back to the Dealer to discuss, and they rolled out the Renault Oil Chart....
Still - the service book says different....

Service book is wrong there a few errors in it its because its produced for loads of countires and not corrected for each area.

ITB BG 182
thats ok on an older car but doing it yourself means you no longer have your warranty and no/less service history so harder to sell it on.
From what FincH has said, yes i do all my servicing my self now except when it comes to the major jobs of cam/aux belt changing then ill either go to GDi or Yozz.
DO the service yourself if the car is coming to the end of warrenty as renault will but rape you anyway, i took mine in for its 24k to renault an when i check the oil filter at around 32k it still had 10500m wrote on it - they forgot todo an oil and filter change.