ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show us your front diamond!!

J03

MX5 1.8
^^^ thats nice i think but maybe do the diamond in gloss? undecided really

i had it sprayed same colour as the car before but it was chipped and took the paint off, only paint i had closest to black was satin black at the time, kinda like matt, it will do for now :)

Some of the female members should show us their front diamonds tbqfh

I thought that was what it would be tbf....

wondered how long it would take someone to say it

Your diamonds all look ace guys :star: oh and amitshah, when I saw you on the m25, your diamonds look brilliant, love how it ties in with your wheels, I think you should have a yellow lip on your wheels too :approve:

I have a black car..so gonna do it then.
Though the red one one the black car was funny..looked like it had a Rudolph nose.
it just pulls of ..dont it??

That would of been me, :) lol

Yeah the pictures put up of the car put me off the red (as you said looked very pinkish like rudolph's nose), i was thinking about doing it black, anthracite or going back to chrome.

But after i washed my car, i liked the red again :rasp:, when the cars wahsed the red looks alot more vibrant. I'll need to get a pic of it after its been washed. Still guarantee it won't be to alot of people's taste though!

2003 clio 1.6 16v
Just trying to gather what cost people would pay for carbon effect badges?
£20 too much?

By the way mines white at the moment looks chuff. Going the carbon route asap.

Mk4 .:R32
DSC_0252.jpg

J03

MX5 1.8
Just trying to gather what cost people would pay for carbon effect badges?
£20 too much?

By the way mines white at the moment looks chuff. Going the carbon route asap.

what as in real carbon? or just film? i had film on mine at one time, looks nutz but it kept peeling so i thought fook it..

and FLAMER your car looks wicked, red and black always go

Mk2 Golf GTI
loving the anthracite ones. Black on black looks a bit pants imo, does look like the badge has been nicked!

PH2 172
was thinking about changing my badge from anthracite to black but not to sure i am liking my badge at the mo.

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
How do you get a non-shiney effect on the badges? If you lacquer the badge to protect it, will this not cause the paint to appear shiney? As do not want this effect

Just painted mine..renault pearl black... and my "clio" badge at the back..which was red...
How do you get the rear diamond off??

036-3.jpg

034-3.jpg

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
what exhaust do you have pinky? like what size tip really like it!! RS grille is needed:p

Just painted mine..renault pearl black... and my "clio" badge at the back..which was red...

036-3.jpg

034-3.jpg

For the rear you have to pop the plastic off on the inside of the boot, it has one torx screw and the rest just pops off, about 7 clips i think.

Then you have to unscrew the 3 bolts holding the boot lock on, then slide the boot lock off the bolts, then pull the plastic cover (that the badge is set in) off the boot, it'll be quite a tight fit as the screw threads almost grip the holes, but a good yank will do it.

Then theres lots of little clips holding the badge on, but i snapped them all off as they really do f**k all. Whats really holding it is double sided tape (with almost 100% contact).
So ALOT of pressure slowly but evenly on the back of the badge will pop it out! ;)

Putting it back on, it some how clipped itself back on, although like i said, i snapped most of the clips off. :S

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
/\ Just tried to remove mine now, cudnt get the screw on the inside of the boot undone, does it need a special kind of scredriver? I had a phillips which was the right size and it wouldnt unscrew.

Is it best to just mask up the badge and spray it with it still on the back of the boot?

It needs a torx screw driver, (Can't remember if its spelt torx or torque.)
From what I'm aware all renault parts with screws use torx.

Edit: its a 6 star Torx screwdriver you need, not sure what size though, 5-6mm?

Its a Powerflow..got it from topgear in St Albans..not sure what size..do you mean the circumfrence?? I could go and measure it.
I like the Grill I have..too many peeps change it for the RS grill.

what exhaust do you have pinky? like what size tip really like it!! RS grille is needed:p

036-3.jpg

034-3.jpg

For the rear you have to pop the plastic off on the inside of the boot, it has one torx screw and the rest just pops off, about 7 clips i think.

Then you have to unscrew the 3 bolts holding the boot lock on, then slide the boot lock off the bolts, then pull the plastic cover (that the badge is set in) off the boot, it'll be quite a tight fit as the screw threads almost grip the holes, but a good yank will do it.

Then theres lots of little clips holding the badge on, but i snapped them all off as they really do f**k all. Whats really holding it is double sided tape (with almost 100% contact).
So ALOT of pressure slowly but evenly on the back of the badge will pop it out! ;)

Putting it back on, it some how clipped itself back on, although like i said, i snapped most of the clips off. :S

/\ Just tried to remove mine now, cudnt get the screw on the inside of the boot undone, does it need a special kind of scredriver? I had a phillips which was the right size and it wouldnt unscrew.

Is it best to just mask up the badge and spray it with it still on the back of the boot?

Mmmm seems a bit hard...might just tape it up and spray it while its on the car.
Thanks for the advice though.:D

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
Where can I get a torx scredriver from? Is there anything else that I can use as a subistute to unscrew it? as I dont have one

Ph1 172 + Combo van
Where can I get a torx scredriver from? Is there anything else that I can use as a subistute to unscrew it? as I dont have one
you should have one in your renault tool kit if you have it. if not you could get a set from halfords or a tool shop!

Black 1.2 Dynamique (54)
you should have one in your renault tool kit if you have it. if not you could get a set from halfords or a tool shop!

Just had a look, dont think I have on in there, have got spare nuts, key to open alloy caps and this weird metal bendy shapped thing. What does the torx thing look like?

133, 182, Kangoo 182
Alot of people have been spraying there front diamond, lets see what colours we have chosen:) ill start

Broome Yellow (punto gt)

P1000339.gif

Yellow looks amazing!

I pick up my blue clio on Sat and thought anthracite was the way to go but I've just been proven wrong.. wow! :D