ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Show me your graph!

8160672032_49e3cf4e3a.jpg

Surrey RR Jan. '12 by Jon_KTM, on Flickr
Milltek cat back
ITG panel filter with home made CAF

And 1 year later...
8461605583_ac40f4c014.jpg

Surrey RR 02.13 by Jon_KTM, on Flickr
Milltek decat back
ITG panel filter with home made CAF
RSTuner 98RON map
KTEC billet lightened flywheel
Magnecor KV85 ignition leads

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
It is indeed.

Probs should mention that is with 438 cams and there induction kit and matched inlets.

U got the same package as me I was dyno'd exactly the same and took it to a reliable RR and it was 181. Get it checked out bud as mine is now running like s**t & is currently at another tuner trying to be corrected

clio 182 sport
You're probably right. I was just being generous and didn't want to burst any bubbles. Seems Kyle has already done that now though FLOL

I will do next year :) tbh I'm not bothered if that bit of paper said 160, the car drives really well :)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
I will do next year :) tbh I'm not bothered if that bit of paper said 160, the car drives really well :)

Mate trust me get it checked when u can. I thought mine was fine and they put the worst map on it ever. Get yourself down to MWM. I say this cos I dont want u to fook ya engine because of them Cnuts

Personally i would say start a new thread kyle about the findings/cockups etc or this thread shall become another k-tec slanging match and get locked/deleted.

And its a decent little thread tbh.;)

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Personally i would say start a new thread kyle about the findings/cockups etc or this thread shall become another k-tec slanging match and get locked/deleted.

And its a decent little thread tbh.;)

Yeah true bud
I never thought about this

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
820457c406cc.jpg

CatCams 553+vernier pulleys, JMS RS2 manifold etc ... Project thread http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...lio-172-ph2-from-Russia&p=9875092#post9875092

Wow, that really is awesome.

Ive been saying for a while that I would really like to have a go at doing a high comp and big cams build on an RS2 inlet, but not seen anyone actually do it before.

Are you still on the standard ECU with just a remap, or have you gone onto aftermarket?
Ive always made the (untested as of yet hence my question) it would need to move from Speed/Density based mapping to throttle position based instead because of the inlet manifold pulses that you get on hotter cams effecting the readings for low load sites.

Inspiring stuff :)

Out of interest, do you have a graph from the same dyno for a standard car, not in anyway questioning the fact im sure you have seen HUGE gains on that spec, just wondering how much as obviously if a standard car makes 185 on the same dyno it would imply on the dyno im used to yours might "only" make 220 or so for example.

Clio 172 ph2
Out of interest, do you have a graph from the same dyno for a standard car, not in anyway questioning the fact im sure you have seen HUGE gains on that spec, just wondering how much as obviously if a standard car makes 185 on the same dyno it would imply on the dyno im used to yours might "only" make 220 or so for example.

This is with programmable aftermarket ECU. An I have 5 or 6 same dyno graphs ... Please look at:

345ed5ab7196.jpg

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
This is with programmable aftermarket ECU.

Cool, I thought it would have to be.
Have been considering similar myself for one of our cars that has an RS2 and had already decided if I do it then I need to either go full aftermarket, or at least partially aftermarket to do the fuelling and timing and let the standard one just do cruise control etc.

An I have 5 or 6 same dyno graphs ... Please look at:

345ed5ab7196.jpg

I cant quite read that properly, what are the figures please?
And what is the spec of the other engine its being compared to on that graph?

Really good to see someone using an RS2 like this :)

Clio 172 ph2
Black is almost standard - with custom 4-2-1 exhaust and decat, Samco Induction kit, matched inlet, Hank's RS Tuner remap. Green - with aftermarket ECU, CNC-mashined cylinder head, and some other tips - but with OEM cams and inlet.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Black - 175 bhp
Green - 197bhp

The scans are low-res, and I do not have all files with me (I just arrive from Moscow to London and are still in Costa cafe in Heathrow airport now :) ). I think there are more info in my project thread here http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?424690-Black-Clio-172-ph2-from-Russia

Those figures dont sound too far away from what I would expect on similar spec engines on the dyno I use, so that makes the 230+ figure seem even more "valid" in terms of what I would see :)

Really cool car.

Are you over here just to collect the manifold or are you here for a while?

If you near to heathrow and are at a loose end tonight you could come to the cliosport meet with me and Mike as we are right near heathrow.

Clio 172 ph2
Are you over here just to collect the manifold or are you here for a while?

I come here for 2 days to some IT-conference ... well, really I come here to pickup exhaust and 182 Cup hubs, but do not tell this to my boss :) I will stay at St Martins Lane https://www.morganshotelgroup.com/originals/originals-st-martins-lane-london

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ah, didnt realise you were right in the centre of london now, thought you might have been staying near heathrow.

Thats a shame as it would have been great to meet you as obviously me and Mike are both very interested in what you have done with the RS2 (Ive mapped a few of them and my girlfriend has one and Mike is business partners with James who makes them).

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my first ph2 172,
ITG Pannel filter, Samco Bend, AWT matched inlets, 182 exhaust manifold, Ktec Decat/link pipe & Ktec stealth
ffyc.jpg

and the 200 standard bar a Pipercross panel filter
n3vm.jpg

RS172 Flamer
They are good figures, I fear they may be slightly lower if tested on a different dyno but still good work!