ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Should i go for a red lip in the alloys?

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Hi guys, i have a 1.5dCi and a few months ago i decided to go for a more sporty look. I really liked the original alloys, and in my country there are strict rules about alloys size and tyre sizes, so i've just decided to paint the alloys in glossy black. I also applied carbon fiber vinyl into the badges and i will also apply it on the mirror caps.
I was thinking about painting the brake calipers in red, but my clio only has two brake disks on the front wheels, and the back wheels would look bad. I've found a Clio RS with a red lip and i kinda like the look, but i don't want to overdo the car's look. I can get a vinyl high quality kit pretty cheap.
I will also install a RS grid on the front.

Do you think it will look nice, or will i overdo the car?
Shoot your opinions.

The one i found on the web:

8915251.jpg

Mine:

18012012051.jpg

18012012050.jpg

18012012055.jpg

PB Clio 172
Everyone else will say what I say and save your money till you can buy a 172/182. I think cars like yours can lose value when selling on unless you trade it in. No one wants to buy a tarted up dci right !

Titanium 182
I see what you're trying to achieve, with the subtle red hints, but honestly I think it looks perfect - don't change a thing!

Bike*
Everyone else will say what I say and save your money till you can buy a 172/182. I think cars like yours can lose value when selling on unless you trade it in. No one wants to buy a tarted up dci right !

Do not listen.

Imo you should give it a go and if it looks s**t get rid.

Black 51plate 1.2
All i am going to say is try it and see ! we can all give the 'no it will look s**t' comments but at the end of the day its your car and only you can decide whether you like it . :rasp:

Listerine & Poledo
How can you have strict sules about tyre sizes, but still be able to stick that exhaust on it!?!!??!

Double standards going on there.
Anyway, the paintshop above looks pretty decent, adds a touch of relief colour, wouldn't think it'd be any better with calipers though

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp

I'm not selling the car. The car was bought new by my dad in 2003, he wanted a fast, small economical car for work, he makes around 200miles a day. He remapped the ECU and the car is now around 110cv. In 2007 he offered me the car when i got my drivers license. The car is now with 160.000 miles and after a some new injection components it is as good as new. The cars goes pretty well and is pretty economical, 5.5L with normal driving, 6,0L fast driving, 8,0L flat-out.
I will keep the car even if i get a new one.

JakeyCUK, thanks for the shop, i've already did it myself, but the photoshop color are always more bright and alive, so i think i will try to apply some tape to see if i like it.

Thanks for the replies guys, keep the coming.
If the car was yours what would you change/add?

Goodj, the first foto isn't my car, it's a modded Clio RS that i've found on the web.

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS

Ignore this, my dCi has some modifications. Obviously kept the original parts so I can go back to standard, when I want to sell the car, if wanted.
Do what you want, it's you car.

LOL at the PS :clown:

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp

Thanks, i'm ordering a set of vinyl lips and will give it a go. I don't want the car to look cheesy.

One more thing lads, i'm removing the clio lettering on the back, i have it with carbon fiber vinyl but i don't really like it. The problem is the two holes i will end up with... I will not paint the car anytime soon, soo i need a sticker to cover the holes. I'm thinking about the three renaultsport strips (yellow,red,blue) but without the renault sport.

thump_5865734renault-sport-multic.jpg

I took a look at ebay but i didn't got anything interesting, i'm looking only for the three stripes without background color, so i could apply it directly on the back.
If someone knows some store where i can find renault stickers i would be thankful. Any other ideas for covering the holes or ideas for a different sticker would also be welcome.
Thanks once again.

Fabia VRS
just a suggestion but as said before the red lip does look better on multispoke wheels, so how about doing the diamonds red?

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
I'm getting a new set of brake disk and pads soon. I'm painting the calipers in silver. Other colors would just make it look silly. Not sure if i will paint the drums too. I think silver will make it look nice, clean and simple.
Hopefully i will get my RS Grille tomorrow. I'm also installing carbon fiber vinyl on the mirrors caps this month.

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Leave the drums black, or paint them black if they are looking rusted.

That's what i was thinking about. They are looking rusted, that's why i want to paint them, but never in a colour that makes them stand out. Everytime time i see a car with red or yellow drums im like "WTF!?".

Instead of doing a red lip, I would maybe do red diamonds on the wheel centre caps, and red front/back diamonds, if you like the idea of a red theme.

Definitely think doing the wheel diamonds a different colour would improve the look much better. How much is it lowered?

Also I'd paint the calipers and drums black. I had a similar thing on my old black non sport, but wheels were dark grey.

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Instead of doing a red lip, I would maybe do red diamonds on the wheel centre caps, and red front/back diamonds, if you like the idea of a red theme.

Definitely think doing the wheel diamonds a different colour would improve the look much better. How much is it lowered?

Also I'd paint the calipers and drums black. I had a similar thing on my old black non sport, but wheels were dark grey.

That red diamonds ideia is nice, i would like to see it but not in my car. Don't know how much is lowered, my dad did it, gotta ask him, but it really gives you confidence to go flat-out on corners, you can feel the car really firm.
I was thinking seriously about my project yesterday and chatted with a few people that have similar tastes to me. I also took some ideas from other users here.

What's happening soon in order of priority:
-RS Grill (Maybe tomorrow or Monday)
-Carbon Fiber mirror caps to match the current badges
-Silver brake calipers and black drums
-Red Seatbelts to match the stock seats

Keep your comments coming.

P.S. Why can't i have an avatar? Do i need 50 posts or something?

clio 2 1.5dCi 100bhp
Thanks for the feedback guys, will definitly leave the red lip out.

Two things left:
-Carbon Fiber mirror caps
-Silver calipers to match the bullets and black drums.