ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Servicing an import

I got my 172 on the 1st of September registered as a 53. The car itself came into the country some time in July (which was when I bought it). For the 1st Year/12,000 mile service, when would that be for me? I dont think theres any danger of doing another 8000 miles before the summer so will I have to get it serviced in July or can it wait until the end of August? How strict are Renault over enforcing these service intervals?

The service interval is 12000 miles or 2 years, whatever comes first. You need to stick to these limits to maintain your warranty.

My car has just turned 2 years old but it only had its first service on Monday as it has not done 12000 miles yet.

If the car was registered on 1st September then I assume your service is due 2 years after this date but if you hit 12000 miles before then you must get it serviced. If you see you are going to hit that figure soon then book it in, that is what I did anyway and they had no problems with it.

That is pretty much all you need to know I think.

I thought that too but if you check the 172 MKII spec on the main Cliosport site then it gives you all the details you need.