ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Serves you right

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 06 February 2005
Everybody goes over the limit.Its easily done.

Very easily done in these modern day machines. Just to make sparkle of the topic and prevoke those who complain about getting a ticket - What would have happend if you did 38 in a 30 limit on your driving test. No nasty replies please..... Otherwise Ill tell my mum and shell have words with your mum.

Elise/VX220/R26

There is soooo much hypocrasy on this issue, to be fair its not confined to this board, Im referring to the original topic re people giving "hard luck" responses to getting speeding points.

When people are hiding behind a computer keyboard they are too keen to jump on the moral highground, it utter utter b****cks. Anyone who owns a car like a willy, 172/182 valver whatever speeds. Why the hell else would you buy the car if you didnt intend to thrash it? I can understand people not wanting to broadcast it (Im sure the site is being monitored 24 hours a day by a crack police unit - not) but to jump on the moral high ground when it comes to speeding is not credible from anyone who owns a performance car!!!

I think theres a time and a place for giving the car a spanking sure like not outside a primary school at 3pm but come on guys whos not done 40 or even 45 in a 30 or 70 in a 50 or over 100 on the motorway. I would guess nobody at all could swear on their mothers life they had never done any of the above.

Surely though, speed cameras both fixed and mobile should be clearly visable. I will admit to speeding, only on motorways and clear NSL roads mainly but thats no different to virtually everyone else in the country, but Ive never been caught.

My point is, from my experience getting caught speeding is less to do with luck and more to do with observation, if you cant see a bright yellow camera on the side of the road or a camera van in the distance you either need to observe the road better or get an eye test. I realise sometimes they are hidden even though they shouldnt be, but generally you get some sort of advance warning.

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 06 February 2005

There is soooo much hypocrasy on this issue, to be fair its not confined to this board, Im referring to the original topic re people giving "hard luck" responses to getting speeding points.

When people are hiding behind a computer keyboard they are too keen to jump on the moral highground, it utter utter b****cks. Anyone who owns a car like a willy, 172/182 valver whatever speeds. Why the hell else would you buy the car if you didnt intend to thrash it? I can understand people not wanting to broadcast it (Im sure the site is being monitored 24 hours a day by a crack police unit - not) but to jump on the moral high ground when it comes to speeding is not credible from anyone who owns a performance car!!!

I think theres a time and a place for giving the car a spanking sure like not outside a primary school at 3pm but come on guys whos not done 40 or even 45 in a 30 or 70 in a 50 or over 100 on the motorway. I would guess nobody at all could swear on their mothers life they had never done any of the above.
couldnt agree more mate

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by Red Clio 52 on 06 February 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 06 February 2005

Red Clio, so you have NEVER ever broken a speed limit? Youve never been 1mph above the limit in any situation ever? Never done 21, 31, 41, 61 or 71?

LOL Joker :p
In my previous post I said "I would not talk about it on a forum"
Lol, you poof!!!;)

Imo i wouldnt flame someone for speeding as i have done so (where safe to do so) but i can see where the people who do flame are coming from!!!

If i get caught speeding the only person to blame is me and not the cops, gatsos etc so i wouldnt rant about it in the first place!!!

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Wow - I only wish I got this much response to one of my threads when I was trying to sell somat!!!!!!!!!!!

Kill your speed.............not a hedgehog.

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Roy Munson on 06 February 2005

Whats interesting is the focus always seems to be on breaking the law and by implication, being unsafe. It never seems to focus on the actual safe speed for the actual road where the actual offence took place.

Of course, there is NO safe speed - driving vehicles carries a risk whatever the speed, and just because someone may never ever break THE LAW, it doesnt make them the super-safe, saintly drivers they obviously think they are.

IMO drivers who make such a point of NEVER breaking a speed limit, are spending too much time cosseting their feeling of well-being by knowing where the speedo needle is, rather than concentrating on the road ahead, and using experience as a measure if how quickly to be going.

I often find myself driving at 35mph in a 30 zone. I also often find myself driving at 20mph in a 30 zone where I cant comfortably go any quicker without feeling unable to stop should the need arise. Child/dog/hamster/suicidal rabbit dont enter the equation, because using that tool to argue, ultimately leads to the speed limit being 0mph.

Personally I use speed limits as a gauge of the kind of road I am driving on, and generally I abide by them. Ultimately though, I use my own brain and my driving experience, and I often find Im driving legally by doing so anyway. One day I might not be driving *legally* and Ill get caught, either by a camera or a copper (Id rather it be the latter) - thatll make me unlucky, and I might post on here about it...and at that point in my life I wont want some holier-than-thou "kill your speed" brigade breathing down my neck - especially since in my experience, people who are proud to proclaim they NEVER break speed limits, cant drive for sh*t.

Sometimes your posts really annoy me, but I actually agree with that one ;)

its a scientific fact that the more accurately you measure the velocity of a body in motion then less accurately you can measure its position and vice versa. Basically id sooner have someone looking at the road who is travelling over the limit than someone who is preoccupied with travelling bang on the speed limit and distracted from what is happening around them and assesing the road conditions.

My 2ps worth is that yes most people speed at some point during a journey, intentionally or not. Unfortunately limits are limits and need to be set at various speeds. If you knowingly speed in areas where there are cameras / busy roads etc and get caught, I believe you should accept it and take the punishment. I am not keen people who cannot accept they broke the rules and want to challenge a ticket if they were caught doing 50 in a 30 for example. Didnt someone come on and post that they had just got caught at 70 in a 30, then complained when he got a serious flaming? People need to take responsibility for their actions.

Also the police have a job to do and ultimately are trying to help reduce the number of people dying on the roads.

Yes, I have been caught speeding in the past (twice) before anyone asks.

Caught a bit of road wars on sky mix last week where a young girl (15) was caught driving with tno license or insurance and got a caution or similar - now that f***s me off!

Rich