ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Selling advice wanted - should I do the belts ?

Peddled device
I'm sure that my 182 Cup will be going up for sale soon. It needs the belts doing in September 2014, but should I get them done before I sell it ?

ALY

Focus RS & Clio 172
I wouldn't be put off buying one that has a year left on the belts schedule. A couple of months maybe but not a full year.

clio diesel
You will have to lower the price accordingly. When i was looking, i had a figure in mind based on condition, then knocked 100 pounds off what i would offer based on the number of years ago the belts had been done. 4 years ago, i would knock 400 off the price i would offer based on the condition. A car with the belt needing to be done should be 500 quid cheaper than one with new belts imo.

He will only have to lower the price if it doesn't sell. It's not like everyone else went to the Chris Lewis school of cam belt maths. Lol.

Clio 197
If I was buying the car I would try and get some discount due to this (but that's just me I always negotiate).

It's not an issue though as it's still got 12 months left in it. If it was my car and I was selling I wouldnt let it be a justification for haggle.

Peddled device
Yeah, I know the car is straight as I have had it from 10k (1 year), and apart from never cleaning it it's been treated very well and never missed a beat.

​No doubt a stone chip will be -£100, too !

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
He will only have to lower the price if it doesn't sell. It's not like everyone else went to the Chris Lewis school of cam belt maths. Lol.

Lol!

If its got a year left then i'd sell it at normal price, thats a whole year of care free driving, i wouldnt expect to get a discount if i bought it.

clio diesel

Lower the price if it doesnt sell? Really? Why not just price it correctly to start with to save f**king about on ebay for 6 months with people messing you about for trying to sell an overpriced car?

Mind you with 20,000 posts i can only assume you have no life or anything better to do.

Peddled device
I wouldn't put it on Ebay, I'll sell it on here. It would have to go within 10 days, so I would be open to sensible offers and I won't be giving it away or replying to silly offers. I can store it, but my plan means I don't intend to return to the UK any time soon....so its not really worth keeping it.

If I have to, my mate will sell it for me whilst I'm away.