ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

SDV RIP **Updated 08**

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i am slightly unsure whether i should be posting this, the new owner said he was going to post it but has not as of yet, as its my old pride and joy i felt i kind of had a right too.

as some of you may know i recently sold SDV my old valver to purchase a phase 1 172, now over the years i have put lots of time and effort into keeping it as mint as possible, mechanically and visually, no money spared. Car of the year 2006 also.

when i sold the car for some reason i was not really gutted, think i was excited about what i was purchasing really, and because of the turnaround time i didn't have time to miss it, i also knew the buyer and felt it was in good hands.

below are some pictures of the last time i saw it

100_1674-1.gif

new owner posing

then driving away

100_1675-1.gif

100_1676.gif

this was around 2 weeks ago, since then earlier this week i spoke to the owner to find this out....

endofsdv004.gif

endofsdv003.gif

endofsdv005.gif

endofsdv008.gif

endofsdv010.gif

endofsdv011.gif

the accident (i have been told by the new owner) was not his fault, which i believe and for reasons that could possibly be legal i am not going to disclose, i have also hidden his face for this reason,

he told me his head smashed the sunroof but he thinks the bucket seats saved his life

he had a broken nose, fractured rib and lasserations to the head, very lucky chap, shame about the car and his luck with that.

this thread may be removed if the new owner wishes

A4 Avant
Re: SDV RIP

Bloody hell!! Thats a mess! Glad the guy is ok!!

Would be good to know what happened but I understand you can't discuss it.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa

Shame about the car , it looked mint . Glad the guy was ok , looks like he was very lucky and could have been alot worse :eek:

80MPG BEEZA

i thought the new owner had died "SDV RIP" and you saying you sold it to the new owner sdv! this is one lucky guy to get away from this

BMW E46 330i Touring

Gutted to hear mate. :(

Blame aside, it's shocking how often newly purchased cars get written off.

:(

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

The seats more than likely saved his life, that front screen is a huge weak point.

Personally when i get a new car i take the time to gradually find what its potential is.
You never know whats round the next corner..

s**t!!

this one ended up the same was as his old clio... people were joking about what happened to his old one in the "sale" thread. Car looks terrible, and He's a very lucky guy to survive such a bad accident, twice!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Gutted :(

I loved the SDV

Mr X must be the most unluckiest person in the world when it comes to cars...

RenaultSport 197

Kin' Hell mate, that looked like an awesome valver!! Such a shame when a beautiful car like that get's trashed! :(

Good to hear the driver is alright now though.

clio...

Not to insult your car or the effort you put in... But Its only a car. It can be replaced. Atleast hes not 6 foot under.

Looks like a horrible spin and roll type of accident.

Atleast hes ok!

Ad

MK2 FRS

cant see the pics (on a 3G card).... but can gather the effect.

Know how gutted id be if it was one of my pride and joys... anyhow good news the owner is ok.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

f**k, im gutted by that wasnt even my car.

I know this is gonna sound harsh but iirc the guy has crashed a good few cars now, time to slow down? He only just escaped in this one by the looks of it, glad he's ok though

Christ, that shook me up quite a bit seeing these pics. more so than any crash pics I've ever seen here, god knows how you must feel.

Pleased he is ok, looked like a very very close call.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i have not disclosed any information about how this has happened, but have been informed which i believe that this was not the owners fault.

i agree with most, this was only a piece of metal and its knowhere near the value of someones life, i am also not looking for sympathy, just thought i'd post about it as some may be interested. haven't spoke to the owner again recently, hopefully he is doing ok.

fubar - you not read how / what i typed mate........? read again then see what you have done, genius...lol

M

mini-valver

One of the best around that :(

Lucky to walk away from that one!

FF Blackgold 182

Sorry to see this Neil. SDV was very well looked after, shame. As said, glad the new owner is ok though. Looks like he was very lucky!:eek:

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Tis a pity but as you said youve moved on, or maybe not as you felt you should post this?

Driver very lucky to survive, again such a pity as it was a mint car!

Breaking A 172 Replica

Not good. Not good at all.

Neil - when you sat in the bucket seats was your head higher than the top of the seat frame?

Sam