ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scraping sound passenger-side (NL CAR)

Megane 2 GT 165
Lately I have noticed scraping sound from my suspension on the passenger-side (for uk this is the drivers-side). I only hear this sound when going over some speed-bumps, and not even always and with different speeds.

I have been thinking of replacing the bushings from the wishbones. I do not want to uprate them but just replace them with the standard renault part (if that makes any sence)

I was wondering which bushes I need.

7711126167 (from group N data)
or
6001020701 (from cup data)

A picture to make clear what I am on about :)

busheskd0.jpg

Anyway I think the sound comes from those bushes (being worn or un-lubricated)

I also have some bouncing noise when riding over bad roads which I think is the top mount. If I take of the top mount can I see if it's worn?

Thanks!

Felix

Edit: Ps. are these easy to replace?

Last edited:
  Megane 2 GT 165
Ok bump and another question,

How can I check if the following parts are worn:

- bushings from the wishbones.
- bushings from the anti roll bar (ARB).
- top mount from the suspension turrets.

And are the bushing from the wishbones easy to change? (picture in my first post)

Ok bump and another question,

How can I check if the following parts are worn:

- bushings from the wishbones.
- bushings from the anti roll bar (ARB).
- top mount from the suspension turrets.

And are the bushing from the wishbones easy to change? (picture in my first post)

]If you ask me id say
1. whip the wheel off and inspect visually
2. not to sure sorry
3. whip the shocker out and look :)

Megane 2 GT 165
Thanks! :) I thought it was perfectly clear what I meant ;)

Anyway on monday I arranged a car lift at work and I have 2 hours so going to inspect the most of it. Ow and still need to change oil and coolant!

Thanks! :) I thought it was perfectly clear what I meant ;)

Anyway on monday I arranged a car lift at work and I have 2 hours so going to inspect the most of it. Ow and still need to change oil and coolant!

The oils easy theres a guide somewhere on here lol but its really not hard!

The coolant is also easy jus take off the bottom rad hose and take out the bleed bolt!

Fill with OAT type antifreeze. Rather than the old school stuff!

I can go look at the bottle if you like and tell you what i am using which is perfect for the clio and not to dear either! :)

I need to go out now but ill check back later anyway!