ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Scotland is a petrolheads dream

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Just going through my Flickr and thought i would stick some photos up from various jaunts around the area the past few years, I do forget how lucky i am at times to have these roads literally on my doorstep.

8384214947_9d0c72974a_b.jpg

DSC_0698 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr
7790283774_7b3ed48c37_b.jpg

DSC_0705 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr
5598333276_ff8e9490cd_b.jpg

DSC_3948 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

5512038129_ace7e6bd31_b.jpg

DSC_3871-1 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

4877040087_d7fafdb136_b.jpg

DSC_3828 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr
8720986586_044b007e46_b.jpg

DSC_0924 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

8074783291_e63819cc71_b.jpg

DSC_0754 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

9121788042_b21ef72880_b.jpg

IMAG0214 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr
15788991290_642e4d0960_b.jpg

DSC_1844 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

14084300824_887b933401_b.jpg

Megane by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

14080612171_be82abf531_b.jpg
Ready to attack by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

15781739943_7a896dc31c_b.jpg

DSC_1932 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

13678638003_1aebeacefd_b.jpg

DSC_1270 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

8485501895_8c7104e078_b.jpg

DSC_0844 by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

8485531043_edf8d4281f_b.jpg
DSC_0857
by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

8485538317_75d3c52c4e_b.jpg
DSC_0859
by Jamie_Atkinson, on Flickr

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Apart from the size and the scenery....

We're very lucky Jamie, I was up your way a couple of weeks ago with work, great day at work, got paid to rag around those roads in the 172 whilst also getting petrol money!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'd love to have a drive around the highlands. But then I also have Wales on my doorstep and haven't been for a drive over there. I really really need to.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
The road round Benderloch/Appin way is great fun @N0ddie . One of my favourite routes is Tyndrum>Connel>Appin>Ballahulish>Glen Coe>Tyndrum.

Have you ever done the Kinlochleven loop? Proper awesome road. One of the best i have driven. I was lucky enough to be living in Kinloch last summer so that was my daily "commute"

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Awesome pictures. Ashamed that I have these roads so close to me but have never been and explored them lol!

Anyone know of any decent roads up Invergordon way? Going up there for a week in a few months time and will be taking the 172 for a nice long drive if there's some half decent roads.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Awesome pictures. Ashamed that I have these roads so close to me but have never been and explored them lol!

Anyone know of any decent roads up Invergordon way? Going up there for a week in a few months time and will be taking the 172 for a nice long drive if there's some half decent roads.

Head up to Ullapool and onwards, Stunning scenery and the roads are mega. Could also head back down the way towards the Cairngorms/Glenshee etc thats another set of mega roads

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Head up to Ullapool and onwards, Stunning scenery and the roads are mega. Could also head back down the way towards the Cairngorms/Glenshee etc thats another set of mega roads
Cheers mate. Just having a little look on maps, seems to be a decent few circuits that could be done round the roads up that way.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The road round Benderloch/Appin way is great fun @N0ddie . One of my favourite routes is Tyndrum>Connel>Appin>Ballahulish>Glen Coe>Tyndrum.

Have you ever done the Kinlochleven loop? Proper awesome road. One of the best i have driven. I was lucky enough to be living in Kinloch last summer so that was my daily "commute"
I've done Tyndrum -> Connel -> Fort William and Tyndrum ->Glencoe -> Fort William. Prefer the latter of the 2 routes. Just something about the roads up that way. Never done the Kinlochleven loop though. Taking a couple of days in June to do another highlands roatrip with the Mrs. so will give it a go then for sure.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Cracking photo's, my mum and dad spent the best part of 40 yrs living in Glasgow with all this on their doorstep before moving down here to telford.
Now they spend two weeks a year driving back up there to see what they've missed...lol

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Do you get much old bill up there??
We have them on nearly every f**king road round here!
Not really. Infact our longest stretch of straight motorway doesn't have a speed camera or similar for the 60 miles between Glasgow and Edinburgh.

I always think we're quite lucky up here.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

Personally, i've found the trafpol use these roads as training grounds from time to time on the odd occasion i've been out hooning.

The one time i did get pulled they were spot on - was on my way back from Oban driving like an 18 carat arsehole. I added to the 'realism' of the training i think his words were lol. :eek:

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member

Not that many, They did place a new traffic Unit up in Fort William a year or two back though so there are a lot more than there used to be, Lot of fast undercover stuff now as well. Local police are sound though. Like i could have had many, many points on my license by now but he knows i drive to the conditions and drive safely yet still make good "progress" and only in NSL areas