ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Schrick cams ; which profile ? (for 172 Cup)

RS RIP
I can order some for a nice price , thinking of putting these in my Cup which needs new ones. Am i correct that the cam profiles for these are 280 and 288 (do'nt know which is inlet or exhaust but read this on ze German webseite)

These two numbers come very very close to my C&B cams (which are busted) , they had 280 - 286 profile. So my remap may also still work out !

Fred, are these the ones to go for ?

RS RIP
This... a guy from work had a mishap with it, i think a missed gearshift and then a full throttle after sending the rpm's skyhigh , with floating valves to follow, valves hit pistons, roller-rocker (follower?) actually broke a piece off of it and budged itself between the cam i think by the looks of them.. He never confessed to this but this must have happened. He was supposed to pick up my car left by the road with a dead alternator. This is how the car came back :S

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

RS RIP
^^ i was about to do this haha ! Yeah but getting there and back will put you back some $$ too.. I remembered Henk telling me about a good guy at which he get's things done when needed, so called him up and well, there i am now! He's supposably friendly priced and highly qualified for these Renaults. You should see the cars he's got there, nice

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
I like henk for his technical stuff...but don't trust him as a salesman.....

but he is very close to where I live....all I use him for is the belts though (actually want to have a go at doing this myself oneday)

RS RIP
Fred you think the cams will run on the C&B map which i'm running now (till Henk's back?) , just to be able to drive it to the shed and back ? It's not my daily driver..

ANd Were they difficult to get right ? Or are they pretty much plug+play, with map to suit+perfect ofcourse ?