ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

scandalous!!!!

S'trollin on size 7s
Rang Orange last night to see what they had to offer me in terms of renewing my contract which im due an upgrade, expecting to get a slightly better deal if not just the same with a free phone possibly.

Instead i get told im using far too much internet and the guy couldnt understand the fact that i had 'unlimited internet' in my contract. i got it with my contract when i set up my first initial contract with them and have had it ever since. He then put me on hold to speak to someone and came back and tried telling me they apparently dont do unlimited internet anymore!?. Anyway this convo went on a while and he eventually came back to me with this offer..

£30 a month for 300 minutes, unlimited texts, 750MB of internet useage and £50 for the nokia N8

considering my current contract is;

£35 a month (including insurance) 900 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited internet (and im using around 1GB+) and 5 free mulitmedia msgs a month.

i think its fair to say i was less than happy.

after giving me the details of my 'new upgrade' contract the chap had the cheek to turn round and say "does that sound alright, do you want me to go through and set that up for you !?".

surely its in their interest to look after their current customers not force them to look elsewhere. Has anybody else been due an upgrade recently and been fobbed off with this s**te?? and does anyone reccomend any other networks?

im thinking just to leave it until its closer to my contract expiry date and wait for them to start ringing me, then suggest leaving and see what offers they throw at me then!

Mk4 .:R32
No-one does 'unlimited internet' anymore.

They call it unlimited when infact it is actually limited (usually between 500MB-1GB)

S'trollin on size 7s
No-one does 'unlimited internet' anymore.

They call it unlimited when infact it is actually limited (usually between 500MB-1GB)

see thats the thing ,he did say usually even the unlimited stuff is capped. but he said i was at the moment using roughly just over 1GB of internet. but ive never once been charged for exessive use so god knows.
how long has ago has this unlimited internet supposedly been discontinued?

Ive literally just left O2 yesterday, purely for the fact that I wanted an iPhone and they couldnt/wouldnt compete with Tesco's £25pm deal.

No networks do 'Unlimited data' anymore do they?!

Mito Sportiva 135
Even most home BB suppliers advertising "unlimited" broadband aren't actually unlimited but subjectto fair use policy.

Orange give you 10% of each contract, but in reality doesn't make a huge difference really.

I used to have unlimited internet with orange, it was subject to a FUP but unless it was stupidly excessive month on month I was told they wouldn't query it. Same for unlimited texts, FUP around 3000 but going over now and again wasn't an issue.

When I renewed recently I was told they don't do it any more and the max was 500MB, fortunately I don't use this much so it didn't bother me.

Three are currently doing deals with unlimited internet, unsure what they are like as a provider though. I'd wait till renewal time then ask to speak to retentions, always get the best deals then.

In the time that you have been with Orange you may not have actually generated any profit for them. The ARPU for mobile phones so low at the moment that if you haven't made the network any profit then they see it as "why should we bother keeping customers that cost us money".

The offer you were given was pretty pap to be honest so I wouldn't even entertain it. You do also mention that you may leave it until your closer to the contract expiry date - how far are you out at the moment? I'm not 100% with Orange but with us (T-Mobile) you will generally get a reduced offer until your official upgrade date (1 mth before the end of the commitment period) so it could just be that your too early to get one of the better offers.

AFAIK only Three now offer a fully "unlimited" internet package but then you do have to cope with their customer services and coverage. I'm pretty sure you can blame O2 for being the first network to start offering internet packages with data limits iirc. Once one network does it they all follow suit.

1.5dci
o2 did exactly the same as that too me, and when said I already had a better deal offered to me from Orange they said yes but you wont change network will you, you've been a constant customer with us of over 7 years. So I got my PAC code and changed to orange, now spending less a month for the same contract amounts that i'd got as a loyal o2 customer 18months before with a sgs

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
On a serious note, how the hell are you downloading 1GB of data on your phone??

Nissan 350z
No networks do 'Unlimited data' anymore do they?!

I remember when this all kicked off with Vodafone issueing warnings to "repeat offenders" who went over a certain amount of data (cant remember) that they would be charged if they continued it. Needless to say they didnt charge anyone because if they did, customers would have been able to get out of their contract early due to the terms changing after they signed it.

Actually found the link, here:
http://www.bitterwallet.com/vodafones-timeline-of-gaffes-and-proof-their-data-limit-stinks/29661

Last edited:
  S'trollin on size 7s
Streaming live p**n at a guess.

busted!!

well like i say fair doos if its capped and i wasa repeat offender, but not once have i had any queeries from orange to say im taking the piss or anything of the sort of it being capped. its been on my contract since i first started out on monthly payments with them. this will be my 4th contract.

i just dont understand how being due for an upgrade etc they can just turn round n try cut my minutes down by 600 and turn around and say you cant have your internet anymore, nor have i got my free multimedia messages, but yet they expect me to pay the same price. that clearly is ridiculous!

and it doesnt actually expire until july, so plenty of time to shop around yet.

flol, gotta love the Orange logic...

obpr.png

We herd U like unlimited anytime texts so we gave you unlimited texts with some unlimited texts so you can text while you text.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
LOL!

I just reduced my tariff by a tenner as i don't use anywhere near my amount of minutes which is nice.

Gonna upgrade to the 4 beginning of May when i'm due one.

S'trollin on size 7s
^^^ Lol they obviously must make a habbit of thinking their customers are complete morons and will pay more for less

reminds me of that internet service providingz guy from fonejacker.lol

"hello, im ringing from internet service providingz to offer you our internet service providingz which are better than your current service providingz"..its £42 for the first month then £79 for the next month then £169 for the following months"...

but your charging me more!?

.."but you get free ring-dingz?"

Last edited:
  S'trollin on size 7s
i dont see why you seem to think its so much. if companys offer you tarrifs where you can get a 750MB to 1GB then im not using an extortionate amount really. i dont keep tabs, if i know its there to use as and when i please as an unlimited bundle then i just use it without thinkin about it.

S'trollin on size 7s
:eek: how is that even possible. lol like i say considering they offer 750MB-1GB per month you must not use it at all?
im on mine a good few hours a day, everyday.

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Try the cancellations team, I also find they are better than other departments.

Yep!
I did this with Orange.
Went into the shop and he wanted to put me on a 24 month contract etc after being on an 18, and wanted to charge £180 for my BB Torch.

Rang up cancellations and free phone, 18 month contract amongst other things. Do it!