ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Saving Raw edits?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I edit Raw with CS4, but for some stupid reason i have saved them as Jpegs (large). But i forget to save the edited Raw!! Is PSD the best format to save in, if i maybe want to look at it again and edit a bit further?

Cupra
Good question. I would not want to duplicate all my .crw files with .PSD files though.

If you have not tried it already, have a look at Lightroom. It leaves the original .CRW files untouched, but saves what you have done to them in a separate file. I use Lightroom for both my edits and photobrowser, which means that they retain their appearance.

To print or upload to Flickr etc, you just export as .jpg.

14' Leon Cupra 280
PSD is best when you have lots of layers/masks/copyright text etc. With RAW I thought it automatically saved any edits? If I open any RAW file i've ever altered it has always saved. Maybe i'm thinking of something else lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Good question. I would not want to duplicate all my .crw files with .PSD files though.

If you have not tried it already, have a look at Lightroom. It leaves the original .CRW files untouched, but saves what you have done to them in a separate file. I use Lightroom for both my edits and photobrowser, which means that they retain their appearance.

To print or upload to Flickr etc, you just export as .jpg.

Meh lightroom looked silly to me, im used to CS4 now (kind of)

Hey i think it does save the Raws...lol

Cupra
Each to their own. :)

It would take me hours longer to do everything in Photoshop that I do in Lightroom, although I still use PS for more complex edits.

Abarth 500
i edit RAWs in photoshop and they automatically save the edited RAWs, u can then go back into them and adjust them again, or reset them.

when you process a raw file (for canon) a xmp file is created with the settings you used so the next time you open the file the previous settings are automatically loaded.

LY 182 FF CUPPED
My work flow if using Photoshop is-

using a 3 folder structure of RAW/EDITED/OUTPUT

* import and rename raws ( NEF) and apply FILE INFO
* EDIT in ACR and save as TIFF or JPEG ( HI RES)
* OUTPUT folder containing LOW RES versions of EDIT folder.

Keeping it Simple Stupid