ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

sat nav

Has anybody got the sat nav option? is it any good and where is it mounted on the dash, does anyone know if I can get it fitted..cheers p

my dad is supposed to be picking up his 172 tomorrow, (with sat nav)

were both useless with directions, so ill let you know.

its also an option so it shouldnt be too hard to sort,

looking in the renault book there are 2 types one is £1000, and the other £1500

i hope this is of some use to you :)

Fiesta TDCI

I installed satnav using a Road Angel GPS radar detector connected to a Compaq iPAQ, purchased a Brodit in-car mount and the cable kit, hey presto voice guided satnav at a fraction of the price and it can be taken from vehicle to vehicle.

You wouldnt be able to get the renault option fitted without replacing the top half of the dash, a few hundred quid for starters!

Let me know if you want any more info.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

For the price Renault is asking I got:

Full sat nav unit.
8 CD Changer
7" widescreen motorised unit with seperate hideaway control box with 2x AV IN, 2 x PRE outs, Reverse camera auto switching, TV tuner option.. and loads more

My sat nav system provides voice guidance while listening to CD/RADIO etc and will lower the volume automatically so that you can hear the voice guidance prompts.

Much better than the renault crappy one (no offence to those that have it but things have moved on technology wise now)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Aha ! nice one.

You can now buy a 1 DIN pc btw.. cant remember where I saw the link but it looked kewl..

Have you solved the startup/shutdown problems yet ?

The DC-DC Power Supply is intelligent.

It wont reset on engine crank, and itll shut down and startup properly.

It has a remote line, so it shuts down at a set time after it has lost the remote.. when it detects remote, it starts it up.. it has a connecter to the Power Swtich connectors on the mobo. Expensive, but worth it really.. dont wanna really be watching a DVD and have to start the engine, and watch it reset!

Screen is VGA too.. so I wont have a blurred screen like I would with composite/s-video out.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ah excellent, was gonna say I looked into this a while back but didnt find a viable soloution to it other than the circuit at www.dashpc.com

Yes you need vga in otherwise it would look terrible, just make sure you dont put winblows on it ;)

Use gpsdrive for navigation and dashpc for a GUI in a linux box..

Ive already got Nav.. and I aint using Linux in the car..

Got a good Nav package, which does Europe too, with all the postcodes, voice nav and visual etc.. (it works in Windows or Linux) - Got a deal on it when I bought the GPS Mouse.

Yea, was going to get a normal screen, but then found this 7" VGA Touchscreen, so no mouse/keyboard or anything, and crystal clear (You can read 10pt text on it at 1600x1200 apparently).

Both the screen and power supply are from America - cant seem to get them here!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

ARRRGGHH !! NOOOOooooo.....

Not winblows.. tell me not !

ps. Ye I found that I would have had to order everything from USA too, the UK market sux for things like this. Where are you gonna mount the touch screen, or are you gonna get it prof fitted ?

I just got the latest sat nav put in my Williams. Its the new HCE system or humanoid cartographic enhancement system

or

My gf reading a map

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Ye I tried that version, but to be honest I wasnt very impressed.

Kept ending up int he wrong place ;)

KDF, on my dash.. should fit nice. (Where the extra 3 dials are in the Valver/Williams).

Fit it myself..