ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Original sat-nav for the MK2

Renault Clio MK2 1.2
I've just bought the original MK2 sales brochure and when I looked at the Clio Initiale spec I saw that advertised was a built in sat-nav (see attached image). Does anyone know either the specific name of this head unit and/or where I could buy one?

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I've just bought the original MK2 sales brochure and when I looked at the Clio Initiale spec I saw that advertised was a built in sat-nav (see attached image). Does anyone know either the specific name of this head unit and/or where I could buy one?
They're Carminat units and were really not very useful when new, I don't think you could update the maps much past 2005, so really quite pointless to try and use seriously today. They're definitely cool and I'd love to get one for my 182, but they were rare on the Sport models (something like a £1500 option, 10% of the RRP of a 182), let alone on a vanilla Clio, even if it was an Initiale Paris.

It's also not a particularly easy swap, you need the complete kit, as some wiring is different as well as the aerial, the dash top etc.

I think a few have come up for sale from sat nav sports being broken in the last 5-10 years, but you'd really be better getting a phone mount and using Waze/Google maps in 2023.

2014 Clio 200t edc
It would be cool if you could get one and retrofit it but with a side load of android, so for shows you’d have the original sat nav but for use you’d have up to date stuff.
Or just get a housing (rare as rocking horse poo) and put a double din in.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah absolutely rare as f**k.

A lad from my apprenticeship had a 182 with it. Clearly the satnav wasn’t very useful because after 3 weeks of ownership he flew over a roundabout at 120mph in it and turned it into a crumpled up crisp packet.

Punto GT
I have the sat nav in my 182. It's a novelty item. Takes ages to locate a gps signal. I just use my phone instead.

I did put an updated disk in though which brought it up to date.... Well around 2012 ish I think it was.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
They are total dogshit, a rare option as they were quite expensive. Also being totally useless some people have ripped them out.

It would be cool if you could get one and retrofit it but with a side load of android, so for shows you’d have the original sat nav but for use you’d have up to date stuff.
Or just get a housing (rare as rocking horse poo) and put a double din in.

Clio 3 and 4 have android upgrade options, not the 2 though. Some people have done custom installs.

fe95064380b00216366b743c9308d8d0.jpg

Clio sport 182
Hello, I have an OEM SATNAV dashboard with holder, but I would like to retrofit my Clio to put an Android screen with some default apps (to monitoring values from OBD).

I have seen that the Podofo brand has a 6.25" screen, I´m thinking on install it with a launcher app, what do you think? Would it fit in 6.25"?