ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Santa pod plonker of the day

so who was the cup owner who locked their keys in the car and spent half the day trying to get back in? Lol

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

How would they do that ? If I unlock my doors they stay unlocked untill I either press button again or press the button in the cockpit.

it only self arms if the door isnt opened after you plipped the door, so the only way his key could be locked in would be if he was in with them surely ??

unless he was very very small the car was empty :), thats the word on the street hopefully our mystery man will turn up soon and explain his rather extended que time for the strip

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 31 October 2004

didnt evo have that problem with there V6?????
It was USed Car Buyer for the Ultimate Guide To The Clio. The photographer leftd the keys in the car and it self locked.. was so funny!

2004 1.2 Dynamique

f**kin pmsl :p i did this a few months ago at work, and had to put an holiday day in to go home and get my spare key :p

clio 172 ph2 02 reg

Quote: Originally posted by 172cup_nut on 31 October 2004
it only self arms if the door isnt opened after you plipped the door, so the only way his key could be locked in would be if he was in with them surely ??

Thats what I thought, when I get into my car when ever im going any where, I can be sat init for ages like 5 mins before I set off, the doors dont lock untill the RAID starts (when I go above 5MPH I think it is, never while im still still) But if he had a 3rd party thing.

Abarth 500

:oops: It was me!!

I did my first run and was waiting for my second when I left the keys in the ignition and popped across to speak to the Nova that just ran a 14.6 next to me. When I got back, I discovered my rather intelligent little sl*g of a Cup had decided to lock herself for protection!!

I then spent the rest of the morning trying to disassociate myself from the little whore (the car, not the girls near by) whilst Sammy rushed up from Oxford with the spare key (thanks babes!!)

I think the Cup knew she did wrong because she later rewarded me with a 14.650 in totally standard trim and with no weight saving measures (from me or the car!) which I thought was quite good so it wasnt a totally wasted day.

Thanks for pointing out the incident on here for all to see though. Feel free to point and laugh and laugh in this direction! :D

If the car has been switched on and then you turn it off, even if you open the doors and close them again. Doesnt the car lock itself as it thinks you have forgotten too. So it would do this regardless if the keys are in it or not.

Abarth 500

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 01 November 2004

v good time mate! was there any wind?
Nope, although I did nearly follow through when I thought my car was going to be stuck there all day! ;)

Id love to say it was just my expert driving skills but the conditions were perfect to be honest, although it wasnt particularly windy. It was also surprising how few people were there!

I know about the self locking thing (know about it even more now!) but was still shocked because the keys were in the ignition. If you sit in the car and press the plipper with the keys in the ignition then it doesnt work - I would have thought the same technology would have stopped it locking itself. Oh well, another lesson learnt!

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

damnit, i knew i should have gone this week not last!

last week a serious headwind! took about 4mph off my usual terminal speeds!