ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

santa pod 20/21 feb.

ibiza cupra
saw a load of valvers as the owners club was there and i pinched some jump leads off one of them. (cheers again if you are on here).
also saw a blue 172 cup and a blue 182 cup and a black 200.

ibiza cupra
i was there, think you borrowed the leads from kieren :D
yep that was me lol. mymates got a punto gt with the 2.0 16 v coupe turbo engine in it and is running a manual fan on it to stop it cutting out and over heating and when we had finished the racing he forgot to turn it off so it ended up being on for 4 hours and he has only got a little piddly race battery so it killed it of to the point where his doors wouldnt even unlock haha.

did any of you lot have a go down the strip?

172, BMW 120 Msport.
Any of you go on the strip? If so what are standard 172s running? im off down soon i think.

ibiza cupra
my best was a 15.2 at 91 mph. ive only got an exhuast, decat and air filter so nothing worth shouting about. a good thing to do is get your rear seats out. thats another thing i did although they are going back in in a few days.

ibiza cupra
Black 200 was probably Matt@Stealthsport ...but hes banned from cs
yeah, i think i saw him in the sighing office and he wanted to talk about a remap to me but i never got chance (and kinda forgot :eek:)
he also told me he was banned from here for life and to go on stealthsport. might check it out, dont worry though cs im not jumping ship.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
my best was a 15.2 at 91 mph. ive only got an exhuast, decat and air filter so nothing worth shouting about. a good thing to do is get your rear seats out. thats another thing i did although they are going back in in a few days.

Cool i thought they did a lot quicker than that, Il see what i get if i ever make it lol.

ibiza cupra
thats quite a good time for the clios i think. i saw a blue 182 there and the best he got was a 16.0 that i saw.
if you think about it, the tunned up rx7`s and the skylines are doing 12`s and 13`s and look at the power difference between them and us.
my mate ran his punto gt which is stripped out and has a 2.0 turbo coupe engin in and that ran a 13.5 and thats stripped to f**k too.

172, BMW 120 Msport.
I havnt a clue what they get mate, My near standard 106 gti ran a 14.52@94.68 and my 200sx running 300bhp did a 13.17 @ 109.

So I had the impression clio sports were doing mid 14s thats all.

ibiza cupra
they aint the best cars for drag to be honest. they tend to bog down at launch and the fly by wire dont help either but i have seen clios doing mid 14`s, just not standard ones. they all seem to be thottleboddied.