ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

samsung lcd tv

RenaultSport clio 18
Samsung 32'' High Definition LCD TV With Freeview LE32R74BDX/XEU Black/Silver

i am looking at buying this tv, hurd it is very good picture etc

now i dont no if any1 here knows about lcd tvs atall but i have hurd a few things about them,

i have hurd that the picture can go funny and stay that way, and this wont b covered buy any warrenty, sumin 2 do with the pixels.

do u no of any probs they can have and if so is every thing covered buy warrenty????

this is a web site for it!
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000F4TC3C/202-4426512-1068617?v=glance&n=560798&s=gateway&v=glance

thank you

looked for hurd on the collins site there couldnt see it...

anyway, never heard of what u mentioned about the picture but id imagine if it did it would get fixed/replaced under the warranty surely

what kinda prices u gettin for it? mine was 777 quid delivered

Clio 182
I think that's the one I have in 26" - been perfect for me, got it at the end of last year I think it was.

BMW E46 330i Touring
The thing with the pixels is that they can sometimes go 'dead' or 'lit'. Lit pixels can be refreshed using certain software, but dead pixels are just that, dead. Most manufacturers require a certain amount of dead pixels before they will accept the set as faulty, depending where the pixels are on the screen. Obviously, once you notice a single dead pixel then that's all you can see on the screen!

Don't worry about it too much tbh, this will always be a bit of an issue with LCD's, but I find the screens large enough that you really can't notice a dead pixel unless you start hunting for them.

That TV has got some good reviews, but I'm personally not a fan of the gloss black, and went for the Tosh 32WLT66 myself.

1.6 Si
We have more or less the same TV, brilliant picture, the built-in freeview works really well even though we have shite reception, we've got an upscaling DVD player and watching some DVDs like The Matrix through the HDMi connection are awesome in quality. The firmware also updates itself through your aerial every few months.

The LCD pixel freeze thing is less common nowadays so I wouldn't worry about it, was more of a problem when the technology first arrived.
The gloss black surface can be a little annoying if it is reflective especially if you are viewing with lights on behind you.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got the 26" one too. I'm really pleased with it. I need to get on and order Sky HD this week. Sky Digital is a bit dodgy looking compared to a CRT screen, but Xbox 360 stuff in Hi Def is amazing.

Attachments

• samsung.jpg
    samsung.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 23
  Focus ST-2
mate the denon avr 1906 can be found cheaper, i paid £225 for it 4 months back. trying to find my email from where i got it. great bit of kit

Aberclio182 said:
mate the denon avr 1906 can be found cheaper, i paid £225 for it 4 months back. trying to find my email from where i got it. great bit of kit

225 is cheap! let me know if you find out where..

cheers