ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

broken samsung tv....

A SHED!
Hi i have a 37" samsung model no: le37r87bdx/xeu and the screen has gone blank, the sound is still there?:S the tv is five years old. Can tvs like this still be repaired these days? It five years old.

Tbh I was looking at getting a new tv anyway. However, im a noob when it comes to tv specs etc? i play blu rays, ps3 games mainly. So I was thinking 42" tv with 1080i? is that correct? what frequency? can anyone recommend me a model. budget around £700. Thanks lads.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
You can get it repaired, loads of tv repair places out there. Second, if you are going to buy a new telly make sure it's 1080p at least and supports at least 60hertz.

If you want another Samsung tv I suggest looking for a plasma. I've got a LED backlit, a LCD 1080i and a plasma Samsung TV. IMO the picture is best on the plasma and that was the cheapest tv out of the bunch to at £550 for a 42 inch 1080p

A SHED!
1080p vs 1080i? which is better? which brand of tvs are generally the best...? most reliable? cheers gouldy.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
1080p is better than 1080i.

Its debatable what brand / screen type is the best but after having 3 samsungs for the past few years if I buy another tv I will be moving away from samsungs.

I fancy a Sony Bravia next tbh

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I'd phone samsung first, they have to provide spares for 6 years after purchase. If they don't have any they will give u a compensation offer. That's what toshiba did with me.

You can get a hell of a tv for £700 these days. You will get a top of the range 42 inch 1080p 3d plasma for that.

Shine a very bright light on the screen (led on a phone should be good). If you can see the image fainty it is the backlight that has gone. As the tv is alive this is quite likely. It wil probably be the backlight board rather than the lamps themselves.

There is a good chance the board is repairable (often it is failed capacitors) or you could get a new board for not a lot.

As it is probably repairable you could just stick it on ebay, for Spares or repair, pickup only and put the money towards a new one.

It's possible swapping the inverter board will sort it, but it would be a gamble

Ebay this 4H.V1448.481/C1 a replacement inverter board is about £35