ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Safe mode? Car won't go above 2.5krpm, then does?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I've done a search but I'm not searching the right thing, although im sure ive seen threads about it before....

Got in the car tonight, pulled off and it wouldnt go above 2.5krpm, pulled over for a second, rev'd the car out of gear and it was fine again?

Then left the gym and it did the same thing for a second, then been fine again :S

No warning lights, no fault codes logged or anything. I'm confused.
Is something about to go? Does something need changing to fix it? Or just a 'quirk'?!

Clio MK3 Work in progress
Is your car moving at all. When my clio dynamique went into safe moad, i had to input a code into the cd player to take it out of this. Dunno if this is the same problems you are having.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah the car is driving etc, then it seems as soon as i pull over it works fine again :S

Thanks warren, I'll search his name in this forum and see if it finds anything!

Edit - found it, I'll hopefully get it plugged in to a machine somewhere to find the problem.

Last edited:

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
yeah i'd say cat or lambda possibly... if you need owt let me know :)

S4 Avant
Hmmmmm sounds perplexing, no doubt mine will encounter this problem at some stage.

I bet it isn't his cat though

172 A Cupwork Orange™
i had this prob on the cup, tbh your best getting it on the clip it could be down anything from a wiring fault to a coil pack, to a lambada sensor fault its not one of those things your can just say "this is the fault"

not really much help but i hope you get it sorted soon mate

vern

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
thanks for the replies. I'll get it on a machine when I get it serviced in the next month or so to find the specific problem.

Was fine today though.