ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

S1 Rallye

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
As with 50% of the rallyes I've owned, this one broke down within 24hrs of me getting it.

It wouldn't rev past 4k and was generally running like poo. Mark at French sport tuning had a look for me and it turned out to be a damaged crank sensor plug and also the wiring was knackered around it. All sorted now and running sweet!

Next on the to do list is to get the tracking sorted and also the wheels balanced.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
You busy Saturday afternoon? I'm heading over to Leeds to Costco...

If you book Blyton, and you want a passenger just let me know mate and ill be there!

Unfortunately I've got the kids all day Saturday chief. You putting the fezza on track?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Pic from tonight that I thought looked good;

14182241040_f8f6927969_c.jpg

Two pugs by cobzy1, on Flickr

Just curious, whats the best engine swap for these?

I could imagine these are great on the track with a bit of power behind them.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Lots get the 16v engine from the saxo, gti etc etc (like mine). If you keep the original gearbox it makes it a very nippy car if slightly lacking at the top end.

Megane R26
Sell it to me.. For the third time.
I just bought one of my old gtis for peanuts for the cammed engine to put In a tidy s1 shell, once I find one.
So the Cup will go, as per for sale ad.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Nice! Someone's mate up the road as just got one in white, very cool :) apart from the chavvy England flags sticking out of it atm.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
No = Please keep it 1.3 and original... or flog it to someone who will and go wreck an XSI.

Clio 172
If you bastardise it keep the 1.3 on an engine stand, service it and stash it for the future. These cars will be worth more with the 1.3 in the future. They are the beating heart of these cars. The 16v has legs in a straight line but the 8v is a hoot on track as well. If you get itchy power feet, strip it out to lighten it and put some sticky rubber on a set of S2 steelies.

Jack