ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Running problems - Wont rev under load. HELP????

Clio 182
hi guys

Got an 04 plate clio 182 and has recently started having running issues.

The cars spluttery, missing and sounds as if its running on 3 cylinders or less. its impossible to drive unver load but in neautral or with the clutch in it will rev normally and smooth. It happens no matter what temperure the car is at. It started happening a few days ago but a quick blip of the throttle would clear it, but now its more consistant.

I was thinking maybe leads? Plugs? or possible coilpack?

Any help would be great as im meant to be driving to the forest of dean tomorrow afternoon :dapprove:

Thanks

Ian

Clio 182
Thanks for your help. Gonna pick up some leads and plugs from halfrauds as ive got a trade card. Not the best i know but in the short term its all ive got.
If that doesnt solve it then il pick up a coilpack tomorrow morning.

Halfords plugs and leads won't be any better and shall cause the same problems you have. Although i think halfords do sell the ngk pfre-10 plugs but don't hold me to it

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Could be a number of things. Can you get it on a reader ?

Spark plug 3 is normally the culprit if it's a proper mis-fire. Odd that it does it under load only.

Take the inlet off and VERY CAREFULLY remove the HT's and then the sparks, one at a time.

IIRC, the French do things backwards so no.3 is the 2nd closest to the gearbox.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I BET it;s MAP sensor. Mine was doing exactly the same thing and after 2 days off pulling our hair out changing CT sensors, Lambdas, plugs, injectors, leads, coilpacks and god knows what else, it was a £20 MAP sensor!

OBD plug in devices told us there were no faults!

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Air sensor was going to be my suggestion but when the one of my scoob went (MAF not MAP if that makes a difference?) it idled fine but didn't like gas with no load, so I bailed and went for option 2.

Weird.

Maybe it just needs to be turned off and on again.

:eek:

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
Maybe it just needs to be turned off and on again.

:eek:

Please close the ticket. ;)

My MAP sensor had snapped off and was dangling around doing F all. Loads of dirty black soot over my big shiny tailpipe (taken from an excerpt of Fifty Shades of Gay Clio)

Clio 182
cheers for the input guys! much appreciated.

As i set off from work it would hardly drive but after a few blips of the throttle it cleared. Also the sun had appeared and everything was dry which may have helped?

Anyway I got leads, coil pack and ngk plugs from melksham motor spares, all of which cost a small fortune. Fitted them and all is well but i can't really tell as its so temperamental.
Guess I've just gotta wait for it to rain again ha.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
I had one in yesterday that had evidently been running on 1 (!!!!!!) cylinder to get to me. Change the coilpack and it ran on 3 and a bit, a set of leads fixed it fully