ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

running problems - 3 weeks !!!! - clio - ign coil ?

Stanced Honda S2000
hi all,

read all the posts about ignition coil packs

now...

on and off about a month ago id be bombing down the dual carriage way or something and it would make a ''farting noise for a few seconds'' like a motorbike ... i thought nothing of it really and just carried on as it seemed to be running fine and had just had it serviced...

then.....

all of a sudden on the way down to newark... brrrrrrr......

thats it.. engine management light on and lack of power...

i thought '' great.. ignition coil pack ..again'' so managed to getto newark and the folowing morning the clio was alive again... except whenever i got to 4,000 rpm (1.2 16v) then it started again... so to play it safe i was changing gear early all the time so it wouldnt go into that stupid mood !

the engine management light flickered on now and again...

so i take it to a local garage back in hull where i live and low and behold they replace the coil pack... 130 smackers inc ECU dignostic...ouch

2 days later.... the same thing ! argh!!!!

so i take it to my normal garage where i go and they replace the plugs and i needed a driveshaft and bearing while i was there (lowewed car)

great.. smashing jobs a good un' or so i thought....

3 days after that and im going to brighton - )to see fatboy slim on new years day) and i get to donny and brrrrrrrrrrrr... doing it all over again !!!

what the hell is wrong with my clio ?

im loosing faith... shes done 68k, 1.2 16v dynamique thingy... modified but i just cant believe my luck and its costsing me a fair wack now... but are all garages like this and clueless ! somebody help !!!!

Stanced Honda S2000
03122006137.jpg

Check the MAp sensor and temperature sensors also check for water in the plugs and have a look at the plugs see if it overfueling.

The 1.2 engine has enough problems with it.

As Edde said but the Lamda sensor is also worth a mention mine went and I had problems like yours where about 4k under load it would misfire. Does it do it when the cars cold?

took it to garage today - think it could be cam shaft sensor ?
They mean the TDC sensor by the sounds, could be unlikly though then again there usless realy. Worth chaaging it anyway regardless £25 for a new one rom Renault plus £25 for the new wiring loom.

Stanced Honda S2000
i dunno thats all he sed to me...

its gotta be something so simple...

any more suggestions ?

Fiesta ST
I had the same prob, just cleaned the plugs on top of the engine and pushed them in tight, jobs a good'un