ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rt center pipe

Clio Sport 172

my rt center pipe hangs down ive looked and theres no where to link it up and no brackits or n e thing is this normal to hang down???????

Suzuki SV650

The centre pipe attaches to the cat which attaches to the downpipe so thats where its held up from that end, at the other end it attaches to the backbox and the backbox has 2 or 3 brackets holding that up, dont think the centre section is held up anywhere by its own brackets. Dont think its normal for it to hang down no, you probably should get it checked out before it falls off!

Mine does exactly the same and it is poxy!!!!! i cant get over any speedbumps!!! I dont know about urs but mines only done it since i put a new pipe on it

my dads just bought an extra thingy to attach it up to the body with (if that makes sense) cos its gettin in a right state!! bloody things!!

Vix :confused:

mine does it too, cant see anywhere to attach it and it doesnt seem to move. if my car is full, then it scrapes along any slight raise in the road.

And yes, i only noticed after garage had put new pipe on. keep meaning to take it back and ask them to do something........

Clio Sport 172

ive looked at other rts and there the same but sum are not i was just wundering if there was a braket 4 it. mine scrapes too bad though :(

I have looked for somewhere to attach it and cant seem to see anywhere. I was thinking it must attach somewhere because it shouldnt scrape that bad, sometimes I think mines going to come off!!

I think I will go and have another good look.

I dont think there is anything you can do on the orginal set up the only thing to do is take it somewhere to sort out (or do it yourself if you are sorted about that sort of thing) it justs needs another bracket to hold it up a garage should be able to do this

Vix ;)

its the same on all of them i think... my RT did it, and now the bloody valver, makes it a sh*te car if its lowered cant get onto my drive at anything above crawling pace cos of it.

Thats why i wanna do something about it cos its annoyin you have to worry whereabouts your gonna be drivin all the time!! :( plus i cant get over the speed bumps at Southend and i need to drive round there!!

Vix

I went into ATS whinging this afternoon, told them the problem, put it on the ramps, let them fiddle, hey presto the pipes lifted!!!! sorted for sod all ( although they do all our lorry tyres at work so they were keen to helpanyway) basically if its the same system on the RT (which im sure it is) they just need to tweak the backbox to mid pipe bracket, kwik fit looked at mine 4 times in 2 different branchs, couldnt suss it, so big up ATS!!!

When its up how it should be its almost flush with the base of the car so if it hits your probably shafted anyway!!!

i had the same problem to, i couldnt get over anything. best thing to do....get a straight trough...get rid if the cat and the mid box. that makes your exhaust sound better to