ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner Power Gains

Teg
Been doing some searching on the forum and sifting through loads of threads about RSTuner but I can't find what I'm looking for. All I've read about RSTuner is how good it is at curing the cold start issues and removing the lumpiness. This to me doesn't justify spending £200+ (I'll be keeping the unit if I buy). I actually like the lumpiness from the cams when cold, my fiesta ST had higher lift cams so I'm probably used to it.

After coming from my Fiesta the Clio feels gutless below 5000rpm which is pretty poor in my opinion. I'm after a remap which will gain me lower down torque more than anything, anything higher up with power is a bonus. Will the RSTuner 98ron map achieve this? Has anyone done a Rolling Road before and after?

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
No it won't. It does make difference but it doesn't suddenly add 20 lb/ft across the range. What it does do is make the car much more driveable.

The Clio is far from gutless low down unless there's something wrong but it does do it's best work higher up the rev range, that's just how the engine is designed. The duratec in your old Fiesta is a different philosophy, it has more torque lower down. If you look at a RR graph you'll see the difference.

You might need to change your driving style to suit the Clio.

Teg
Yes your right... The duratecs are more torque focused lower down which I'm missing and in N/A form it had 170ft/lb (Not ITBs either). In the Clio the power above 5000rpm is more than satisfactory for a small light car... On a track it's great but day to day driving it just feels like it's lacking low down to me.

@charltjr Do you have any RR graphs to show the improvement? Or does anyone else?

Thanks

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
the mid range torque gain is brilliant for just a map on an na car with the rs tuner, however from reading your last post about 170lb/ft on your previous car I don't think it will be enough to scratch the itch your looking for.
RS2 manifold will do that though, peak torque from 2000rpm to the redline or there abouts! ££££££ though!