ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTuner Performance Analyser

Bumder With A Buffer
Did one this morning first time I've tried it...god knows if its correct??!!

RSTuner1-1.jpg

In comparison to the RR day I did recently I had 141nm of Torque and 162.6bhp

This is showing 189.99nm of torque and 113.46kw which equates to about 152.15 bhp.

55 Reg Clio 182+CUP Packs
You have to keep in mind that a rolling road session is normally done indoors. And a live read done using the RSTuner is done outside. The road surface, wind and the humidity can all affect the outcome of the final result.

For a more accurate reading, you need next to no wind, a perfectly flat preferably half a mile stretch of road, which is as straight as possible.

There is not chance that the two readings you have are going to be close to one another. You have to take into consideration aerodynamic drag. Which when using the RSTuner calculates drag in KW. Which I would imagine is what you loose when comparing a RSTuner run to a Rolling Road run.

Maybe add the drag KW result to the power KW result and the outcome will be more true!?

Thanks

Tim

55 Reg Clio 182+CUP Packs
Well, weight for a Clio 182 is 1090kg, and then you multiply 0.737kg for every litre of fuel you have in your tank, and then add yourself. Then for other liquids like engine oil, break fluid and screen wash, I’d add 25kg max.

This is a good start and probably an accurate of a guess anyone could make. Or if you know of one, go to your local weigh bridge. Mine cost me £10 ago, and that’ll be spot on.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Well, weight for a Clio 182 is 1090kg, and then you multiply 0.737kg for every litre of fuel you have in your tank, and then add yourself. Then for other liquids like engine oil, break fluid and screen wash, I’d add 25kg max.

This is a good start and probably an accurate of a guess anyone could make. Or if you know of one, go to your local weigh bridge. Mine cost me £10 ago, and that’ll be spot on.

And how much it weighted?