ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rstuner help

Astra gsi turbo
yet more rst problems. i have it connected to the car, click write cal, choose 98 map then get a message saying can not connect to ecu security, has anyone had this before, ?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
you must of done something wrong, because it works fine for eveyone else including me and im a moron with things like this. didn't you say you put a map on it the other day when it clearly was the wrong one?

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
so you have redone.. read ecu then read cal and then write ecu and write cal its just not connecting so you say, im not sure what you have done or why you still went ahead with uploading the wrong map when it would flash 'not suitable' :S

Astra gsi turbo
no. after the wrong map i re did the standard map. all was well. now i have the new map the rst will not connect to the ecu

Astra gsi turbo
I got a email from henk

Unpack this newer version xxxxxxxx

Copy & overwrite your existing rstuner.exe with this newer version in
your rstuner installation direcectory.

Where is my installation directory ?

Titanium 182
basicly you need to overwrite the rs tuner software you originaly installed with the new one provided . chances are it should install in the right place automaticly unless you changed where it installed in the first place

106GTI / NovaC20LET
Just drag and drop the new .exe file into the folder that contains rstuner.exe and replace the old one when it asks. If you can't find the folder use the search on the pc.

Have you sent henk a de bug log? Remove all the rstuner.exe. Software from the laptop and start again . What firmware is the rst tuner?

Have you sent henk a de bug log? Remove all the rstuner.exe. Software from the laptop and start again . What firmware is the rst tuner?

He keeps sending me emails telling me it doesnt work. I requested him to update the software which he didnt do and to make a debugging log whilst trying to attempt a reprogram. Still waiting for both.
Ahh well.. he did send me a log WITHOUT reprogramming attempt using old software, which doesnt help.

1995 Renault Clio 1.8 16v
this is what i have been sent

Unpack this newer version.
http://fastchip.nl/media/rstuner_454.zip . no idea what to do now

Open the zip file and extract what's inside to a folder on your computer, let's say on the desktop. Open that folder and run the 'rstuner' file, this is a new version of the software.
See if that helps connect to the car.

Do you have a friend/relative/neighbour/pet with computer skills? It's really simple, you'll probably kick yourself when you sort it!!

Astra gsi turbo
I have saved it and tried to open it and it won't open. If you try it yourself you will see what happens

350Z
Just a quick one for when you do try and open it.. Make sure you right click and 'Extract' the contents, if it's a zip file it means the contents are compressed and need decompressing before use.

I've not done any mapping before but I can help you with the IT side of things, send me a PM with the instructions you've been sent and I can guide you through it if you still get stuck. I can also help you send off the debug files if they're still required.

Astra gsi turbo
Cheers for that. If you click on the link I posted you will see what I mean. I have no troubles with mechanical things but as for IT im a complete tard

Astra gsi turbo
I have it downloaded to the desktop and it still won't open. I get a message saying "the procedure could not be located in the DLL Libusb0.DLL.

350Z
That file is an exe file, to put it simply, the reason why you get that error when you load it from the desktop is because the exe file requires some code based instructions that are provided in the .dll file (Dynamic Link Library). But they are not present locally to the exe file.

This dll file will undoubtedly be located in the installation directory for rstuner (correct me if I'm wrong guys, never used rstuner before), follow the below instructions (Windows 7 oriented, same sort of thing for other operating systems!)

1. Click the start button (bottom left of your screen)
2. Select 'Computer/My Computer'
3. Double click Local Disk [C:] providing this is your primary drive (it most likely is!)
4. Double click Program Files (x86) (x86 means all the programs listed in this directory run primarily in 32 bit mode.. not sure why I'm telling you this because you probably have no idea what I'm talking about!!)
5. Look in this directory for anything to do with rstuner.. It will probably be called rstuner but it may have a sub-folder, which someone here could point you to if so
6. In this folder you will see an application called 'rstuner', this is the application you need to replace with the one you've just downloaded.
7. Go back to the desktop where you have 'rstuner' downloaded, right click it and select 'Copy', then go back to the folder you found in the previous steps and right click somewhere in that folder and select 'Paste', it will prompt you to either replace or copy the file, make sure you press replace.

That completes the process of replacing the old application with the new downloaded one, I leave the rest up to you!

Astra gsi turbo
Lol you are a genius. Or I am just stupid. I now have Rstuner 4.54. Now off to the car I go. Fingers crossed

Astra gsi turbo
That's it running now on the 98ron map. I emailed henk another screenshot to see why the overrun map is not suitable for my car