ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS2 inlet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't seem to find many reviews on this setup or other vids other than the JMS one, are there any other vids/reviews i've missed? Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I was very impressed with the RS2 after being a passenger in Tom's car.

If I hadn't sold my 172 it would have been the next mod.

It's very good value for money IMHO

BG182®
Has anyone fitted cams in conjunction with the RS2 yet ?

I'm having 428's fitted and mapped with the RS2 soon. As far as I know they tested C&B cams but the results where never published or conclusive.

As for 428's, I have no idea what power it will produce. I believe it's not as easy as saying cam bhp plus rs2 bhp equals so and so. Hopefully I'm wrong and make way over 200 bhp!

182 cup
there are a handful of people who have the RS2 fitted, the members of the group buy will be booked in soon for fitting

Ph1
I'm having 428's fitted and mapped with the RS2 soon. As far as I know they tested C&B cams but the results where never published or conclusive.

As for 428's, I have no idea what power it will produce. I believe it's not as easy as saying cam bhp plus rs2 bhp equals so and so. Hopefully I'm wrong and make way over 200 bhp!

Will be interesting to see your results mate. :cool:

If the RS2 flows similer to TB's then should surely be touching 200 peak

I was very impressed with the RS2 after being a passenger in Tom's car.

If I hadn't sold my 172 it would have been the next mod.

It's very good value for money IMHO

Impressed with the smoothness and driveability or a noticeable increase in power?

SG9 Forester STi

That would be awesome! :D

I want an RS2!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
A few are now kicking around, probably get some review in about 2 weeks or so i'd guess.....

dont 428 cams make near enough 190 on there own with a decent map , its a lot of money to pay for not a lot of bhp IMO (rs2 , jenveys) , thats just my oppinion as i am sure there are plenty of people who would disagree , i am going to bolt a supercharger on mine eventually when a decent priced one pops up 2nd hand , or may just get some cam's in the car and get it mapped !! as almost 2k for 200bhp or £500-£700 for 190bhp , jenveys are worth doing if you have a forged lump IMO

NA tuning - a man´s choice ;)

btw: a proper sc conversion is a bit more than bolt on and go!

i know mate , there are 3 of us in gloucester so far running rotrex charger kit's , all between 240-280bhp , that seems like a better jump of power for me , i could justify spending the cash on that as thats almost a 100bhp increase , 255bhp would be a nice power gain personally without stressing the engine to much , just me personally i couldn't justify buying jenvey's again for such a small jump in power !!

C

clio-lord

had mine on for a bit now. and its the best mod for a clio. looked in to all of it. 198bhp mine run after mapping. and it pulls and pulls. 42mpg running steady. best of both worlds.

C

clio-lord

yes mate. need to get and write up about the car and the rs2. just needs a few more bits and it will be ready. ill put all the print outs up in that.

Ollie's Silver Cup
It is this; Built and available from JMS Automotive.

5707897316_dfe1d6ba69_z.jpg

A replacement intake manifold for the 172/182 F4R. Allows for much better performance than the original factory setup. :)

Looks awesome too ;)

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
wow that realy looks stunning! and almost as much power as ITB's only a grand cheaper:cool:

no kits for willy engines btw?

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I posted a thread about this with no response.

Either the owners are too busy having fun with their cars, they haven't been mapped yet or the results aren't what was expected and they're too disappointed to post.

I doubt its the latter though they sound awesome

HBT 172 Cup
Has one of these actually hit over 160 ft lb's yet? they might make 185-195bhp but seem to put out about 155 ft lb's which is yawntastically flat imo and barely better than stock?

None :(
I have the RS2, check my project thread for a track video and RR results. (Track video - first few times on track and wasn't trying to be a hero).

I need to go back to Leeds really to get another RR result, as Tom told me when he fitted the RS2, the throttle body wasn't 100% in-line, hence the drop at 6.5k.

I wanted to go ITB, but as it's my daily and i really don't know much about engines etc i wanted something i could rely on. I would love a go, or a ride in a SC clio, wow that must be great!!!

Has one of these actually hit over 160 ft lb's yet? they might make 185-195bhp but seem to put out about 155 ft lb's which is yawntastically flat imo and barely better than stock?

Lol! Your a bit of a 'billy' really, anyway as someone has said duration is better than a short peak of torque like ITB's offer.

Have you ever driven one also? Think you'll find that there's a few people on here that have ITB'd cars and have commented on how well the power is delivered, maybe you should start experiencing stuff before slating it instead of listening to some ex sandwich packer which thinks he's so amazing!

Status
Not open for further replies.