ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS2 inlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
^No way you´ll get in the 190s with a Maxogen, exhaust and remap.

I think Aucky's point is that he has done it both ways.

The more traditional route (which has cost him £1500), and now the RS2 route, which has cost similar.

The RS2, for a similar cost, is imho, a much better choice, & if werent such a notorious tight ar5e, definitely the route that i would take.

Clio Sport 172 ITB
right i have been a passenger in toms car AND nicks car and i have to say im VERY impressed with how the car drives! i myself own an ITB'd 172 and yeah i feel the itb's pull diffently and you can feel more urgent power.. BUT THE RS2 AINT ITB's! jesus christ! yes it has a linier torque curve but it holds it ALL the way through the rev range! i have also said to tom had the RS2 come out earlier i would have bit his arm off for one instead of getting ITB's coz its alot less work and i would have gone through less engines too :p and dave i think you need to stop being a tight ar5e soon and put your hand in your pocket! (moths need airing)

172/1.2/E30
I think Aucky's point is that he has done it both ways.

The more traditional route (which has cost him £1500), and now the RS2 route, which has cost similar.

The RS2, for a similar cost, is imho, a much better choice, & if werent such a notorious tight ar5e, definitely the route that i would take.

I know. But the traditional route gives you nearly no gain (maybe 5 horses) and cost 1500 for nothing except noise. The RS2 gives you real gains for a few bucks on top. Now do the maths and calculate the bang for buck rate. The RS2 would also give you more gain for your money than an itb setup even if they are not comparable. FACT!

182 cup
So many threads are becoming slanging matches these days!

Think alot of people need to lighten up abit

Last night my missus asked me for something 9" long, hard and full of cum, so I gave her the sock I found under my bed

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
If anyone has doubts about the product you should experience it first hand. Tony Hunter has more experience racing Clios than almost anyone on CS so the fact he is impressed with driving an RS2'd car speaks volumes.

Also I think you'd be stupid not to have a test drive first before investing in any form of tuning be it RS2, cams, ITBs, turbo or supercharged.

if u want proper gains either buy a different car or get the clio supercharged or at the very least throttle bodies. in fact id like to wager a 172 with exhaust, maxogen, matched inlets and a proper remap would get the same gains as a rs2 would on a like for like car.

You couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Here's the maths (as mr.pink87 suggested).

My 172 as standard ran 161.3bhp.

After exhaust, matched inlets, V6 airbox, decat, remap (and I had engine mounts) ran 171.9bhp. Cost fitted approx £1090 (£1340 including mounts). 10.6bhp gain. £/bhp = £102.83 (£126.42 including mounts).

The RS2 costs fitted £1795 (£1625 if engine mounts already fitted). Say I only gained 20bhp. £/bhp = £89.75 (£81.25 if engine mounts already fitted).

Make your own conclusions from that.

172, Tiguan
Not really. We've got about a page of facts, 5 pages of bickering and a further 3 pages of the JLS fanclub bigging up a product they don't own

Last edited:
  Megane RS 250
If you want to send one free to me :rasp: i can dyno test it before and after on a very good dyno

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
you can get all of the parts i mentioned in my post second hand on here, in fact its what iv done, i modify all my cars, its my hobby. makes me laugh everyone posting figures they got on rr's, everyone on here goes on about how inaccurate theyare, how if your car makes 170 standard the rr is wrong and isnt calibrated, then if its too low its because "they all run about that as standard" but hey look at my graph after my rs2 was fitted, must be right. drives so much nicer, pulls all the way through the rev range etc etc. anyone heard of placebo affect?? everyone is entitled to spend their money how they want of course, just that IMO i would pick up a second hand set of throttle bodies and ecu for £1500 instead, which also come up for sale now and again on here and ebay etc. the end.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Not really. We've got about a page of facts, 5 pages of bickering and a further 3 pages of the JLS fanclub bigging up a product they don't own

You may also notice the huge amount of straight line heroes that are slagging off a product they don't even own. Or have any first hand experience of.
But then again they are all highly qualified Armchair Experts so who are we to argue?

All the time there is a nice comfy seat on the troll bandwagon then there will be an abundance of keyboard warrior numpties willing to go along for the ride.
And in the case of Laine, that bandwagon is the only form of transport he has....the poor little mite.

Status
Not open for further replies.