ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuning map any good?

BG 182 FF
been thinking of doing it on my 182, just wondering what you guys who have it think of it? I've heard it improves the horrible cold behavior so is it by a lot?

sorry ts tuner from fast chip, i heard it makes the limiter higher?
I'm sure peak power is lower than the original limiter so what is the point ? Unless it's a race car and you need to hang that gear a little longer at the end of a streight

182 Trophy
I have this all ready to go on my car but have struggled to find an idiot's guide to doing it, step by step (the online user guide doesn't quite cover this IMO), in order to ensure success.

After I'd ordered the product, Henk sent me an updated OEM configuration file and also a 98 RON calibration map. I assume the sequence is to read both the configuration and calibration on the current setup (and save back-ups), then apply the updated OEM configuration and new calibration map in that order?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I have this all ready to go on my car but have struggled to find an idiot's guide to doing it, step by step (the online user guide doesn't quite cover this IMO), in order to ensure success.

After I'd ordered the product, Henk sent me an updated OEM configuration file and also a 98 RON calibration map. I assume the sequence is to read both the configuration and calibration on the current setup (and save back-ups), then apply the updated OEM configuration and calibration map in that order?
Correct. Its really easy

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
In reply to the op, mine idles quite lumpy especially when cold not sure if this is due to remap or caf
When cold idles at 1100 then quickly settles to 850
But knowing my car it could be something else lol
The increased revenue limit makes a lovely noise I still feel as if I have a flap spot but unsure if that's just because of the 5k ish kick is so strong.

Mine is noticibly faster than my m8s standard one but again it's a Clio so could be due to anything lol

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I wouldn't suggest revving a F4R over the standard limit very often. I'm sure I've read they become weak at high revs with out uprated bits

RichieJA

SCAMMER !!!!
  clio 172
I don't much drive much above 5 unlessmim having some fun whichnisnone a week usually I hate duh duh duh of the rev limiter so don't go close there is always the green great stick to let you know

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Go on youtube.Fastchip guides are on there,looked daunting but is simple in reality .

Astra GSI, Clio 172
My current 172 has a rs tuner map and is by the far the best mpg out of my previous clio's, saying that it idles at around 1000 mark but i think that's just a clio thing ha.

Clio 172 Cup
Was getting 30mpg with rs tuner around town,down to 24 with custom map

Something must be terribly wrong if you're getting that fuel economy! I get around 38-40 mpg on a normal day which includes a 100 mph+ blast on the straights (It's legal where I live ;D )