ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Unlocking?

MK2 172 FF
Ive had a search but not found the answer i want.

I know that the RS Tuners are locked to a certain car but have read about unlock codes that can be bought.
I have a friend that has a Megane so his RS Tuner will obviously be locked to that car.

Will it only have the maps on for the megane or will it have clio maps on aswell?

If it has the clio maps on would it just be a simple case of buying an unlock code and loading the clio map onto my ECU?

^^Once this is done would i need another unlock code so my mate could use it again on his Megane?

thanks in advance

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
You can download maps from the fastchip site, maps aren't stored on the rs tuner itself I don't think

Clio RS
First you need to connect the VCI to your car and it gives a VCI code, then go to the fastchip.nl and buy a unlock code. When you are buying an unlock code also add the map you want to your shopping chart. Unlock code will be send you via mail and a download link for the map.

after you use it on your car you need to buy one more unlock code to use it on meggi again. I have bought 5-6 unlock code for my mates cars but still i need to buy unlock code to remap my own car. It is a stupit thing but nothing to do:dapprove: henk rulezz

It is a stupit thing but nothing to do henk rulezz

For every car you need a reprog license, all diagnostic & actuator tests as well as map updates are FREE.
In fact the diagnostic features can save you a lot of money if a problem arises and you are able to fix it your self.

So if you own 1 programmer but need the capability to program 2 cars as many times as you want, you need 2 car licenses.
Seems fair enough ?

53 Clio's & counting
Also if Henk didnt charge for unlocking then you could sell remaps your self,he is out to make money, its his business that he has put months, years into, of course he has to make money and i think the price is very fair for the service you recieve

MK2 172 FF
so to program mind i would need one unlock code and one map code and this would still allow my mate to keep mapping his megane?

so to program mind i would need one unlock code and one map code and this would still allow my mate to keep mapping his megane?

No, you need 2 car licenses if you want to reprogram the Megane AGAIN !
But it already is programmed with a performance .cal, so you dont have to buy 2 licenses. Only if he requires a later .cal update for his Megane.
For reprogramming each car all the time you need;
2 cars - 2 licenses
3 cars - 3 licenses
4 cars - 4 licenses, and so on.....

Clio RS
For every car you need a reprog license, all diagnostic & actuator tests as well as map updates are FREE.
In fact the diagnostic features can save you a lot of money if a problem arises and you are able to fix it your self.

So if you own 1 programmer but need the capability to program 2 cars as many times as you want, you need 2 car licenses.
Seems fair enough ?

No it is not fair because if you want to reprogram one of these 2 cars you need to buy the third license! When we want to remap my mates car the unlock code that we use is now INCORRECT so 2 car 2 license rule not works in real life. I have send you the VIN numbers unlock codes but still we got no response from you.

And what do you think of providing you with a launch control .cal for FREE ?
Also stupid ?

Launch Control .cal is not free because i must pay 50 euros for license again. In theory its free but in real world it is 50 euros.

Fair? What fair?

No it is not fair because if you want to reprogram one of these 2 cars you need to buy the third license! When we want to remap my mates car the unlock code that we use is now INCORRECT so 2 car 2 license rule not works in real life. I have send you the VIN numbers unlock codes but still we got no response from you.

Launch Control .cal is not free because i must pay 50 euros for license again. In theory its free but in real world it is 50 euros.

Fair? What fair?

Something tells me this is a "PEBKAC" error :approve:

You only need 2 car licenses to map 2 cars (you don't need 3), something tells me you just asked for an unlock code to program another car and not another car license which is why you are seeing this issue...

Last edited:
  Clio RS
Something tells me this is a "PEBKAC" error :approve:

You only need 2 car licenses to map 2 cars (you don't need 3), something tells me you just asked for an unlock code to program another car and not another car license which is why you are seeing this issue...

If i want to cheat i wont pay 300-400 euros to henk ;) i have mapped 5-6 cars and paid all of them ;)

You only need 2 car licenses to map 2 cars (you don't need 3)

Homer is right. For every car VIN there is a corresponding unlock code. They do not change. So you will be able to use them later when you need them.

MK2 172 FF
So the RS Tuner is currently locked to the Megane so i will need an unlock code for my car and the remap for my car. then another unlock code for the megane?

sorry im abit confused here

Clio RS
That many ? You should ask me for a discount code then.....

View
Order Date: 28. October 2009
Total: €80,00Order Status: Confirmed
Order Number: 00000666 View
Order Date: 26. September 2009
Total: €42,02Order Status: Confirmed
Order Number: 00000612 View
Order Date: 18. July 2009
Total: €41,18Order Status: Confirmed
Order Number: 00000553 View
Order Date: 07. July 2009
Total: €83,19Order Status: Confirmed
Order Number: 00000538

View
Order Date: 16. March 2009
Order Number: 00000416 View
Order Date: 04. March 2009
Order Number: 00000400

Aprox 320euros order 400 and 416 was payed with my friend acount.

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
So the RS Tuner is currently locked to the Megane so i will need an unlock code for my car and the remap for my car. then another unlock code for the megane?

sorry im abit confused here

yea that sounds right mate

325xi ¦ MX-5
i think the main question is:
how do we unlock the RStuner again to use it on the 1st car it was connected to after buying a license and unlocking it on a 2nd car?

Fastchip says that the unlock code never changes but the unlock code for the car we first used the RStuner in is never given to us (because we don't need it) so how do we unlock it on the 1st car without having to buy a 3rd license?
we can ask for it but they can refuse to give us the code because there is no way to prove that the VIN code we send them is from the 1st car and not a 3rd one!

i think the RStuner should come locked from Fastchip and after receiving it we would send them the VIN and ask for the unlock code!
this would allow the buyer to buy new licences and keep the ability to remap the 1st car the RStuner was used in!

RS RIP
when these would have been sold for 2 euro the same would happen in time .. :dead:

When i got my Scooby mapped it cost me 900, Henk with his prices amaze me to say the least.

197 cup/ 172
i have a rstunner box and cables i got off a mate when he sold his megan ages ago as he heard you could unlock them i have a clio 197 so am i to beleve i can actualy be able to use this tunning box on my clio now??:D:D:D

MK2 172 FF
UPDATE

Tried a mates RS Tuner and it wouldn't recognise the ECU, any ideas why this could be?

MK2 172 FF
Yes ignition was on but its not unlocked. Im going to buy a new one from Henk i think. I keep missing out of second hand ones that come up for sale on here

Corsa Van. Meh.
Yes ignition was on but its not unlocked. Im going to buy a new one from Henk i think. I keep missing out of second hand ones that come up for sale on here

As it says, you need to get it un-locked. Your best bet is to call Henk if you have any problems.

clio 172
Need some help lads . Trying to unlock me rstuner ive got my vci code coming up and its only 20digits long . What have i done wrong .
Cheers .

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Having problems unlocking the 2nd hand RStuner i purchased so wondering if someone can help please.
I've done everything what's needed to get codes, then headed to the website and purchased a licence and a 98rom and in the comments box i provided details of the VCI code and also ecu no's, payed and awaited a email back.

Turns out he refunded me the money and a short unexplained email saying.

Hi Damien,

This interface cannot be unlocked by us. Previous owner (sidekick078@hotmail.co.uk) already tried that.
Please return to the original Megane 3 RS250 owner.

Hope this answers your questions,
Kind Regards Henk

Please visit our website at http://www.rstuner.com/
https://www.youtube.com/user/FastchipTuning

Problem is even if i return it to the original owner what are they ment to do?.
On the box i have a name and address with a nl postal sticker so i can only assume it's the original owner's address no email/telephone no provided, but big problem is he's up Bolton and i'm 3 1/2 hours away in South Wales.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Appears to me you bought one that cant be unlocked so he is suggesting you get a refund from the seller. If that's not possible you may have to swallow the cost and try again.
One of the risks with buying used RStuners?

M3, Cup racer'd 182
I didn't come across nothing on the website saying "they supply locked ones that can't be unlocked".

@Fastchip .
Hope henk can clarify as to why it needs to go back to the original owner.

If it is the case that some can't be unlocked it's a poor design IMO selling them in the 1st place especially as they always gets sold on after use.
Just a suggestion to henk.
1) If you do sell un-lockable versions they should have different stickers so people can easily identify what version.
2) You should design them that if it was locked and required unlocking you should have a MASTER unlock code to reset it.

M3, Cup racer'd 182
Ah ok didn't know that thanks henk.
Would the original owner be able to get it unlocked then or is it useless now?

Looks like i'll be driving to Bolton then and paying this dude a visit...

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
You need to buy them UNLOCKED. Was posted in the 2ndhand section years ago.
Cheers

I'm confused on this. I thought most people sold their Rstuners locked and the new buyer sent the code to yourself to unlock it?

If that is no longer the case I'll have to rethink buying a new one to sell on.