ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs tuner problem

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Hi
Bought a "new unused" RS tuner off a member but it seems to be saying it's locked when I try to read the ECU to do the back up is there any reason for this other than it has been previously used and is locked?

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
So this has definitely been used and there's no reason for it saying it is locked unless it has already been used?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
So this has definitely been used and there's no reason for it saying it is locked unless it has already been used?
Not that I'm aware of - I'm quite sure you have to purchase a license when you buy the unit new so you can't even rule out it's been bought without any license at all. A few more people could be clearer but yeah, sounds like it's already been registered to another vehicle.

Where/who did you buy it from?

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
I was assured it brand new and used. Just want to be certain before I get it unlocked and get my money back via PayPal

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Paid paypal fees so have some comeback but pain in the arse. Borrowed friend laptop to hopefully get it done today( I have a Mac) waiting for the seller to get back to me. I have emailed Henk in the mean time

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
There is a sticky in the forsale section about this particular issue. I would double check and try again and follow the instructions carefully. But yeah it shouldnt be locked if it is brand new and unused. However you may well need to do something to register it or something. I have only ever had second hand ones.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
When you buy a new one it comes locked. You then have to email Henk and he'll send you an unlock code for the first car, as well as the 98 ron calibration, for free. After that, you have to pay.

I'm guessing that as you aren't the person who bought the RSTuner, Henk won't do it for you for free.

Having looked into the pricing, it's mind boggling that people still buy them second hand. It's cheaper to just buy a new one for 180 quid than it is to buy secondhand for ~£120, then pay another 90 odd quid for the unlock and map.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
This is why I went for this one as it was brand new, will see what Henk says

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Why not ask the person you bought it from to apply for the code, as they bought it, so Henk should issue it as long as its legit....