ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Not Clearing Faults??

I've borrowed an RS tuner as my throttle body died as you need to reset the throttle control limits to stop it eating itself.

So I've replaced the body, connected it all up, view the faults, click erase DTC, it says its erased all faults but its not actually resetting them and still says pending and has not deleted when I refresh DTC.

What am I doing wrong?

2ad4d8a1523bbcd42c903a51f7ed0d46.jpg

Arctic Blue 182
I think it will only work with just the ignition on , take the car for a run to see if the code goes, try resetting the battery and if all fails , contact Henk

I think it will only work with just the ignition on , take the car for a run to see if the code goes, try resetting the battery and if all fails , contact Henk

Yeh I'll take it for a drive a bit later on then plug it back in. Took the air filter out and cleaned it while I was half way there so just waiting for it to dry.

182 Cup
still says present on the end. needs to clear or the throttle body will eat itself.

Don't take this as gospel, but as far as I'm aware, the code is normal and its just the body finding its limits. Somebody should be able to confirm it, or tell me I'm a mong.

Arctic Blue 182
The throttle control limit is a fault that everyone has , so dont worry about that at all! You need to get rid of the rear o2 fault.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
As said, that fault is always there, don't worry about it.

You need a lambda sensor though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
All the people saying the fault is always there are correct, HOWEVER when you change the body for a replacement secondhand one IME you need to reset the limits as otherwise it can burn out the new body if its limits are slightly different.

As soon as you clear them though, they get reaquired so it never looks like they are gone, just press it, then its done and off you go.