ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Initial Review

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
can anyone tell me the benifits of the tuner pro over the normal tuner...

the website states the only difference is 2 Wideband 0-5v analogue inputs - is this going to actually be of use?

the website states the only difference is 2 Wideband 0-5v analogue inputs - is this going to actually be of use?

the wideband is of use if you are having a custom map done, but for the cost i would say only of use on moderately heavy tuned engines

Pee

172 Monaco Blue (27/468)
I emailed Henk and recieved this.....

You need to buy a car license.
http://www.fastchip.nl/component/pa...acturer_id,0/option,com_virtuemart/Itemid,26/

Remember you will loose the ability to program your own car. If you need to program your own car again you'll need another license. With 2 licenses you can program 2 cars as many times as required.

Kind regards, vriendelijke groet,
Henk Dijkstra

Does this not contradict itself?.. at what point would you loose the ability to program your own car? Does the RSTuner not come with an license? if it does surely this would work over and over again for that first car? so.. youd only need 1 extra license to do another car.

172 ph2
As above... I would like to know the answer to this but it's still not clear from that reply.

If you buy the 2nd license can you interchange it between 2 cars or not ?

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
the tuner locks into the car it is mapping - 1 license used
to use it on another car you need to buy another licence - 2 licence
As it's now locked to the 2nd car I think Henk has said that you need a 3rd licence (second one you'll need to buy seperately) to then use it on the first car again.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274

the wideband is of use if you are having a custom map done, but for the cost i would say only of use on moderately heavy tuned engines

i'd be planning to get a custom map... and the cost difference is only a £15 or something looking at his website..

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
As it's now locked to the 2nd car I think Henk has said that you need a 3rd licence (second one you'll need to buy seperately) to then use it on the first car again.

OK then, once you've bought the 3rd license, can I go back to the ORIGINAL car without purchasing another license?

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak

OK then, once you've bought the 3rd license, can I go back to the ORIGINAL car without purchasing another license?

Anyone got an answer for this??

does it look easy mate ? let me know how you get on with it

Looks very simple :) I suppose it depends on how confident you are with computers though. It is a case of downloading the drivers for the device from the website. Plugging in the device, installing the drivers, connecting the device to the car, loading up the application, reading the ECU and then backing it up (looks extremely simple) then selecting the correct file and writing it back to the car!

Will be doing this on my lunch break at 1pm! Will let you know how I get on.

Renaultsport Clio 172

OK Mates, this is my case which I share to you. I bought RSTuner I remapped my own car. Then a mate of mine saw this and wanted to go for it, which we did. We bought the new license, which is no more than a CODE; you put the code IN an the VCI unlocks, hence allowing you to remap the second car. However, the VCI now gets locked to that second car so you can not map the original car anymore. So you need a second code to unlock the VCI and map the original car or a third one, which ever is the case. Talk to Henk, I did and we sort out the two car mapping issue quite well. So far I have the code to get back the VCI to my own car, whether we can unlock back and forth from those cars is something I don't know, but I am happy as my VCI is going back to the car it belongs to, MINE:D

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak

OK Mates, this is my case which I share to you. I bought RSTuner I remapped my own car. Then a mate of mine saw this and wanted to go for it, which we did. We bought the new license, which is no more than a CODE; you put the code IN an the VCI unlocks, hence allowing you to remap the second car. However, the VCI now gets locked to that second car so you can not map the original car anymore. So you need a second code to unlock the VCI and map the original car or a third one, which ever is the case. Talk to Henk, I did and we sort out the two car mapping issue quite well. So far I have the code to get back the VCI to my own car, whether we can unlock back and forth from those cars is something I don't know, but I am happy as my VCI is going back to the car it belongs to, MINE:D

This is what we need to know...

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo

This is what we need to know...

tbh i cant see the unlock code changing for that care every time you use it on another

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
So you'd have to unlock the software everytime you wanted to re-map a different car? Therefore in order to do so you have to buy a new licence everytime?

Unless the software is not sophisticated enough to realise that an unlock code has already been used...

nice one mate keep us posted

Ok, last night I got home and connected it all up again (had to re-install the drivers/software as someone borrowed my other work laptop). Took the backups of the .rst and .cal just in case and then uploaded the "7300_5410 RON98 july 2008 .cal [new style ECU only]".

There was no .rst file (didn't need one) so all I had to do was upload the new .cal. The .cal took a couple of minutes to write and off I went! First thing I noticed was the throttle response, usually when starting up my car it seems a bit sluggish/hesitant. Went for a drive and waited for it to warm up, once warmed up I decided to see if I could feel any sort of power difference...

It really does feel like it now pulls harder than before and it does feel like there is more power lower in the rev range. I would definitely recommend this to everyone (I think I have already persuaded a couple of people to order one).

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
nice one mate keep us posted

Ok, last night I got home and connected it all up again (had to re-install the drivers/software as someone borrowed my other work laptop). Took the backups of the .rst and .cal just in case and then uploaded the "7300_5410 RON98 july 2008 .cal [new style ECU only]".

There was no .rst file (didn't need one) so all I had to do was upload the new .cal. The .cal took a couple of minutes to write and off I went! First thing I noticed was the throttle response, usually when starting up my car it seems a bit sluggish/hesitant. Went for a drive and waited for it to warm up, once warmed up I decided to see if I could feel any sort of power difference...

It really does feel like it now pulls harder than before and it does feel like there is more power lower in the rev range. I would definitely recommend this to everyone (I think I have already persuaded a couple of people to order one).

nice one cant wait for mine now sounds easy enough to do

v6
Mine arrived today :D

My software version is 6500, do i need to download the 6500_5404.rst or the 6400_2A07.cal? Am i right in thinking the .cal is the better one and works as my software is a 'newer'?

Last edited:
  v6
Done a bit of searching and I think I get it now.

My ECU software is 6500, mentions 5404 somewhere too. On the Fastchip website the ECU software is 6500_5404.rst so mine is the most up to date one (tell me if I'm going wrong!). Then I need to download the 6400_2A07.cal which is the 98RON map. All correct?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Done a bit of searching and I think I get it now.

My ECU software is 6500, mentions 5404 somewhere too. On the Fastchip website the ECU software is 6500_5404.rst so mine is the most up to date one (tell me if I'm going wrong!). Then I need to download the 6400_2A07.cal which is the 98RON map. All correct?

You are right mate! Just need the lates cal file.

v6
Yay! Just done some PA logs on the standard map, 97.5KW and 160Nm, so going to put the 98RON map on and see what happens.

Just want to know if its worth getting one for the 197 or not, i am very tempted just want to know what its like from someone who has one as most people seem to use it on a 172, 182.