ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner Initial Review

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
My mk2 ph2 is what they call the "clio 2" right as i assume the clio 3 is the 197??

yeah thats right mate. Make sure you read through the manual a few time when you get it, i just scanned and then ended up asking loads of questions on here which were just in the manual - im too impatient somtimes! It can f**k up the ecu too if you use the wrong cals

Just yesterday I got the first public release of a ClioIII 197 map. Haven't done much testing since it's installation (drove from work to home and back), but the car seems to be more stable in it's power delivery. I need to give it some stick later on today to see if the high-rev area has improved.

The .cal file is for RON95 atm, Henk said that he will do another for 98/VPower if there are any gains to be had. I'm running with VPower anyways, so that would be appreciated if it would happen :)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
I just got back from running my remap. Its a 98ron map on my 182. as above the power delivery feels alot better and i can definatly feel an increase in power. Rev limiters have gone up but maybe a bit too much, its good as you can stay in the power alot better but mine seemed to be gettin close to 8k and it it didnt stop (looked well over 7.5k anyway)!! Im going to email Henk as my cruise control isnt working so i'll ask him about the limits in each gear. I was getting just over 60mph in 2nd before and after RS Tuner im getting 70mph :)

Anyone else on here used the RS Tuner on a 182 that knows about the limits??

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
70mph in seocnd gear, now that should keep people of your tail off the lights:D

Will hopefully be oredering it tomorrow :cool: , dont plan to install untill i have the silnced de-cat it though so will give me a chance to flick through the manual :)

What download would i need for my 2002 plate ph2 172, looking at the group n map or would i be better off just with the 98ron?

Thanks,
James

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Just depends on your mods i think, I've only got full SS system and K&N panel so its just 98ron for me, (plus its the only one avaliable for 182 at the moment). Decat on the way soon hopefully

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
What delivery service did you guys use-

FedEx Federal Express International Priority EU < 5 kg € 59,00
TNT Post International Priority OUTSIDE EU < 5 kg € 27,45
TNT Post International Priority Plus EU < 5 kg € 19,50
TNT Post Netherlands only < 5 kg € 8,95

More questions guys lol

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
What delivery service did you guys use-

FedEx Federal Express International Priority EU < 5 kg € 59,00
TNT Post International Priority OUTSIDE EU < 5 kg € 27,45
TNT Post International Priority Plus EU < 5 kg € 19,50
TNT Post Netherlands only < 5 kg € 8,95

More questions guys lol

i think it was the 19.50 one i used. Was still quick too. My total price came to £145 if that helps

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Its says in the manual it takes a few (up to 10) journeys to work properly and this must be true. My cruise control is working now, also found the limiter in 2nd gear earlier too (so it's still there, just higher). Clever piece of kit this

titanic killer
can you still get gains out of this RS tuner kit if just using normal unleaded as i get mine free and not thinking about paying for optimax in the near future either?

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
Not sure mate, might be work emailing henk/fastchip. Or maybe thay can do you a custom map for 95ron.

The only maps for 182's out at the moment are the 98ron maps, so im guessing it won't be too good

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
No prons, worth speaking to fastchip just to check imo. I carn't tell you how impressed i am with mine plus it was half the price and its also a dignostics machine and i can remap for future mods :)

Writen off dci 100
has any body tried the performancegraph thing yet

i tried to give it a go up my street bud i ran out of road as 3rd takes me to over 95 now lol

Writen off dci 100
Josie are you booting it more?

lol i dont really boot it anyway just when some chav in his vts "tries" to race ya, you have to put your foot down only now the redline is at about 7800 on mine

but saying that i was gettin 30mpg before i had me decat and 182 manifold fitted plus iv got a big hole in me exhaust

ph2 172
awesome, i am def gettin one of these kits

has any1 noticed if its any easier on fuel??

a 500 mile round trip that I take regularly 75% Mway, 25% Aroad used to average 40.1 mpg with the car std. Done it twice since fitting RStuner map, yozza stealth, and panel filter 40.2 mpg both times. So sod all difference to mpg really.

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
not sure if this has already been answered but.....

does this only plug into the diagnostic connector in the car? is there another diagnostic port it can be connected to say on the engine loom?

Renaultsport Clio 172
Its says in the manual it takes a few (up to 10) journeys to work properly and this must be true. My cruise control is working now, also found the limiter in 2nd gear earlier too (so it's still there, just higher). Clever piece of kit this

Which map you are using GazM? I had this CC trouble but was fixed by Henk, would like to try the lates may file though.

About the gas, in Mexico the best fuel is 95Ron and when I tried the 98Ron cal the car showed improvement so I guess it does help quite a lot depite the fuel. Torque wise is very noticeable, specially from 2 to 3k rpms, still a bit dead at 3.5 but from there it just pulls hard!

PH1 172 Sport
I'm getting 36mpg when before I was getting 32mpg over a journey thats 60% motorway. Thats now over 3 weeks and 4 tanks of fuel so im confident that my mpg has gone up.

If you are getting more torque and more power throughout the rev range you should in theory be not changing gear and pressing the loud pedal as much as you were before to achieve the same results as before. If that makes sense!!!

Last edited:
  e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
My gawjus girl friend has bought me the kit :D :D , 7,800 rpm here i come :cool: , its all been payed & fast chip has sent an email saying its all confirmed so when should i be expecting this little gem?

Writen off dci 100
My gawjus girl friend has bought me the kit :D :D , 7,800 rpm here i come :cool: , its all been payed & fast chip has sent an email saying its all confirmed so when should i be expecting this little gem?

gawjus lol (you tool) :rasp:

i ordered mine on the tuesday night and got it on the friday so 3 working days thats probably mid next week

has anybody mentioned the fact that with the 98ron Cal you have to let the engine warm up before it moves the limiter to 7'800

BMW M135i
The standard map does that anyway but obviously with only a 7250rpm limit. Mines more like 7500rpm than 7800 like the GrpN map but thats just a 98 ron map as there isn't a GrpN map for my ecu version.

Writen off dci 100
The standard map does that anyway but obviously with only a 7250rpm limit. Mines more like 7500rpm than 7800 like the GrpN map but thats just a 98 ron map as there isn't a GrpN map for my ecu version.

is your ecu 7300 cos mine is that and there is no group n

yer mine tops at just under 7800 i had a look on the laptop it tells you your max rpm

Golf GT TDI, IS220d

Which map you are using GazM? I had this CC trouble but was fixed by Henk, would like to try the lates may file though.

About the gas, in Mexico the best fuel is 95Ron and when I tried the 98Ron cal the car showed improvement so I guess it does help quite a lot depite the fuel. Torque wise is very noticeable, specially from 2 to 3k rpms, still a bit dead at 3.5 but from there it just pulls hard!

I used the one begining with 8200 (98ron). The cruise control came back on after 2 trips though so im pleased with that!

BMW M135i

is your ecu 7300 cos mine is that and there is no group n

yer mine tops at just under 7800 i had a look on the laptop it tells you your max rpm
Yep mine is 7300, haven't looked at the laptop but the limiter comes in at 7500 on the gauges.

Is the Group N map really a "Group N" one or just something they've put together and called it that because it sounds cool? Just curious.

Interesting that it retains the factory "higher idle after warmup" - that's nice to hear.

VaVa
There was an ECU upgrade for the 172's that was a Renault part called the GrpN ECU.

7,800 rpm rev limit and idled at 1200rpm.

There was an ECU upgrade for the 172's that was a Renault part called the GrpN ECU.

7,800 rpm rev limit and idled at 1200rpm.

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks.

Can you get the same for a 182?

I assume the RSTuner map just imitates those particular characteristics and they called it Group N because of that, rather than it actually having anything to do with a rally car?

BMW M135i
The GrpN ECU that you could buy was just a remapped ECU afaik, I imagine the RStuner map is just an image of a GrpN ECU.

The name 'group n' is just that, a name! its not associated with rally cars in anyway. iirc it is the map best suited to cars with aftermarket exhaust and induction.