ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Clio Turbo EDC

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
The new one. Looking at getting one but have no idea where to start with insurance, as far as I can search google I can't even find out what insurance group it is, can't find any number plates of other people's online yet to run through insurance online quotes just to get an idea.
Am I best to just ring insurers up and explain this to them, I don't know whether they'll be able to quote me?
Any of the nice insurance people on here able to help me out? 22 and been driving 4 years, 3 years ncb as of August, parked on drive and I drive for work (not my own car though)

Any help greatly appreciated on this :)

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Haven't done any for the EDC yet, but based on the fact it's one insurance group less than the old 200 and my quotes for the old 200 were in the region of 600 quid I'm expecting it to be around that

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Done a quick rough quote with admiral and got quoted 574 for the 10 month bonus accelerator policy they do, but then when I actually come to do it ill be adding it to the multicar we have, all in all what I expected it would be and happy with the price tbh

SQ5
Insurance groups rarely mean anything to do with price. My mums s4 is group 19/20 but I can insure cheaper than my group 16/17 172

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
Statistics will always vary from car to car but the insurance group is like the main basis for insurance companies to base your quote on.

SQ5
Statistics will always vary from car to car but the insurance group is like the main basis for insurance companies to base your quote on.

No its not. All down to percentage written off, crashed, stolen etc... Also garage labour costs...

Hondas were always low insurance groups and expensive.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
I recommend you with go greenlight On here rather than admiral

Yes I plan on doing a quote with them as well, but I've been quite happy with admiral and am on a multicar with my parents, I'm not sure they would be much cheaper if at all?

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique
No its not. All down to percentage written off, crashed, stolen etc... Also garage labour costs...

Hondas were always low insurance groups and expensive.

All of those things contribute to the insurance group, why else would you bother having insurance groups for cars if its entirely on stats? The insurance group reflects cost, performance and economy among other things. I'd like for one of the insurance guys to come in here and confirm this, or if they prove me wrong I'll gracefully apologise.

Fiesta ST2
Its cheaper to insure my 350z than it was my Renaultsport Clio even though the 350z is a few groups higher. I think its based on stat's of cars crashed + repair costs and value of car and obviously postcode etc.

Lotus Elise
Ive just moved from Admiral to NFU. Saved money and I can drive any car 3rd party at the age of 22. Happy days.