ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RRday 2013

george 172,205,metro
Not sure Jonny but will ask for you this evening.

just got a pic off boomer(cheers)
looks very similar to last time,although this time im running george(172) so shouldnt have as much of a problem with heat soak as i did with the 16v,
which resulted in the engine det'ing and going home on a recovery truck lol
speaking of which they promised me a free run the next time i came as it never made the 3rd run??

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
Iv got a free weekend before this so il b giving the Clio a full detail! It's hopefully going to Fred this weekend to have a few bits done..... Well fixed!!! Il send the money over now Matt!

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
1) mharvey
2) Martin182 (paid)
3) 1812lsd (paid)
4) DaveDreads
5) Tr1umph (paid)
6) Madgit (Adam) (paid)
7 Addicted
8) Dan@M.A.D
9) Chris.C (paid)
10) cswalmsley (paid)
11) Cerrone (paid)
12) Danevo
13) davo172
14) B00mer (paid)

Received Dan, thanks mate. May get you to finally detail my cup eventually but for now it's tucked up with a broken gearbox :(

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
No way!! Wen did that go?! I think my Power steering pump has gone!!!!

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
thing is, it doesnt chuck much smoke out, and doesnt put out allot of power..... if it starts putting clouds of black s**t out again, it means new turbo time :(

irrc iv only got 50bhp of my 80 left anyway. after taking the remap off ( due to it caulsing problems )

I very much doubt my dci will put out that much the bloody thing keeps leaking at the intercooler due to the hose being plastic? Another great renault design.

Anyone contacted Adam (t21ads) to see if he is coming? As he can't acess this section.

Just about to pay now!

Dave - the Ktec IK takes a while to fit tbh - maybe worth finding someone who has had their run done first, and then fit that Ktec kit on your first run, that way its a lot easier to switch over!

I've got one also, so if need be I can also do the switch etc.

Good luck Chris.

Come to think about it when you fit the IK to Daves car just turn the hose upwards it s two mins to swap thenits ontop of the ecu bracket
And run with the bonnet up. Saves fitting it in behinf the headlight and its only

flol that makes no sense due to being on phone.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
1) mharvey
2) Martin182 (paid)
3) 1812lsd (paid)
4) DaveDreads
5) Tr1umph (paid)
6) Madgit (Adam) (paid)
7 Addicted (paid)
8) Dan@M.A.D
9) Chris.C (paid)
10) cswalmsley (paid)
11) Cerrone (paid)
12) Danevo
13) davo172
14) B00mer (paid)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Well it arrived today. And my god. I was disappointed. Looked inside the hose, as you do. To see this

ase6a9u8.jpg

It looks like its burnt the inner surface as its been made or something.
We're others like this?

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It looks like a dry puddle of something. But I put finger in and can feel it. It's strange. I lol'd at invoice date too 10/12/2012. Took their time!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I know Dave it's appalling. I've just got off the phone with them, they asked for me to email some pictures over.

aguzu8ev.jpg

syhepyve.jpg

That one was taken by phone inside the top elbow facing down towards the other bend.
So disappointed.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Just had a call back. Turns out its 'leftover residue' what hasn't been rinsed properly before put in the oven? Been told to run some hot water through it and try and scrub it off before fitting.

I will see if that works. They said they checked all their hoses and couldn't see others like it. So I've had the 'freak' one.

Cup, Lude & Z
Why should you be cleaning anything off a new product, surely there should be some quality check before shipping goods?

I'd tell them where to go mate.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I know I said the same. They said they usually check all products before shipping. But must not have checked this one. Unlucky for me.

Why should you be cleaning anything off a new product, surely there should be some quality check before shipping goods?

I'd tell them where to go mate.

Problem is, if you tell them where to go and send it back, then you have to wait for another one.

Pretty sure they're already in short supply, so cleaning it yourself outweighs waiting for ages.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I know I said the same. They said they usually check all products before shipping. But must not have checked this one. Unlucky for me.

I'd ask for discount...or tell 'em you ran to the door to collect it and did your ankle in...so want compo! ;)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Haha. I'm going to rinse it. Like Matt has said. Send it back and wait another nearly 2 months. I'm ok thanks.