ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rounded off Brake Line....

Using proper brake line spanner.....im stuck now, cant get it off to get new line on!

tried mole grips, pipe wrench, penetrating fluid.....how can i get this off? i need the car on the road!!

IMG_6244.jpg

LY 182
you want a DECENT pair of good mole grips, clamp them on tight, and i do mean tight dont be scared you will never crush it with mole grips,, will come off a peice of piss.

only thing that will make that hard is not clamping the mole grips tight enough and aloowing them to slip, rounding it more

that happens about 75% of the time,, i tend to mole grip them off before they start rounding so as to leave a bit of the hex shape on there to do it up

Audi TT 3.2 V6
as said above a good pair of mole grips or could also try a pair of pipe grips rather than a pipe wrench, use them at work for all manor of tasks.

ecomproducts-image-1.jpg

Audi TT 3.2 V6
b&q/wickes any decent diy shops will have them mate.

Theyre normally good for rounded things as with the long handles you can really apply the pressure. id say in your case get the biggest pair of pipe grips they have in b&q, youll struggle more with a small pair.

wait and see ;)
dont think they will do the job matey good idea tho, i can vouch for this it is SILLY tight and will not come loose, mole grips on the tightest setting didnt even do it

If you want it off. You could weld a spanner on there?

Bit OTT maybe though? :?

Had to do this with a locking nut that i lost the key for. Just welded a socket on it and hey presto.

I had this problem the other week. in the end i had to change all the way from the master to the flexi :(

I cant never get them undone at the flexi. the nuts on the master are always easy :)

dci126 & H&R'd 1*2
^^^ meh tried it mate and still no good

Have you tried putting it on so tight that you hardly can unclip it again?

If not, do so, wiggle it a bit, spray some WD40, wiggle again, WD40, wiggle, WD40, and so on.

Coca cola is good too, but it needs time to penetrate and work it's way trough the rust.

Or angle grind/dremel some bits of the nut so you can fit a wrench again.

If all of that fails, acetylene torch + vise grip

Just listing the possibility's that are going trough my head atm

LY 182
^^^ meh tried it mate and still no good

Have you tried putting it on so tight that you hardly can unclip it again?

If not, do so, wiggle it a bit, spray some WD40, wiggle again, WD40, wiggle, WD40, and so on.

Coca cola is good too, but it needs time to penetrate and work it's way trough the rust.

Or angle grind/dremel some bits of the nut so you can fit a wrench again.

If all of that fails, acetylene torch + vise grip

Just listing the possibility's that are going trough my head atm

them bahco pipe wrench things posted above are about as much use as a chocolate tea pot for this job, you want the vice grips, silver ones, in a decent size for it

you need to do them so tight it hurts your hand,, tight isn't the word

honestly, if you do that, it WILL come off no 2 ways about it

but, all that is only if you want to re fit it..

if you are just changing it anyway theres no point trying, just side cutter the brake pipe

was also thinking there's no way you'd not get that off with mole grips - it's only a small union and, even if it is seized, there can't be much torque required to undo it.

only potential problem with mole grips is that it looks as though you've not much room to be turning them within the confines of that bracket

fiesta zetec s mk5 / 182
need a set of irvin vice grips will do it no messin. if you still need a set come monday il lend you mine from work