ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rough idle, lack of power

Mazda 3 MPS
Hi guys,

My girlfriend has a 2006 1.4 16v Clio Dynamique that has a slightly rough idle. It isn't horrendous, but noticeable to someone that knows what they are listening for. Sounds a little like a car with a big cam. Lumpy. The car also feels as though it lacks any power above 2krpm. I'm used to much more powerful cars, but for 98bhp it feels a bit sluggish.

Apart from that the car drives fine, starts fine every time and has no other problems. When we first got it I replaced one of the coil packs because it had brown sludge on it. This improved things a little. Spark plugs seem fine and I can't see any obvious signs of a vacuum leak.

Oh, sometimes the throttle is a little slow to react.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

renault clio 1.4 16v
had this a while back, ended up being a bad connection on two of the spark plugs, coils were arcing and melting the mushrooms on the plugs, those were on ngk plugs, been running bosch and its been fine since then

can also be bad injectors or a dirty fuel filter, failing fuel pump