ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rotary on BMW Still Holograms

Megane 225
Pissing me off! What speed should I use it at with Menz 106 and LCC White Pad? Gonna use it then finish with LCC Black Pad. How long work time on say a 1'x1' square? Need to get rid of these holograms/buffer trails/whatever they are!

Should I glaze after or just seal with jet seal and wax with Onyx. Any room for wet mirror finish in there?

Porsche Boxster987S
you should be working the area until the polish has fully broken down ie - looks kind of wet and clear. Wipe away with a MF and have a look. May take a few more hits depending on how bad the paint condition is. Make sure your applying enough pressure otherwise what your doing will be useless. Follow it up with a finishing polish eg Menz FF to get the clarity out of the paint and then wax.

Fiesta ST2
dude check out detailingworld its very good if you ask on there im sure you'll get a lot of answers as there is a lot of full time detailers on there!

Personally wouldn't glaze, as FF will give you enough of a finish. I would then Jetseal and wax, but that's personal choice really!

Make sure, if anything, you use slightly over the normal amount of polish with a rotary. You are more likely to burn through paint with a rotary pad that is bone dry. A spritz of a QD is usually preferable to help spread the polish as well.

Time taken, as Paul has said, is totally dependant on working rates, ambient temperatures etc. You must not rush it and work the polish in properly.

what u put infront of me
Pissing me off! What speed should I use it at with Menz 106 and LCC White Pad? Gonna use it then finish with LCC Black Pad. How long work time on say a 1'x1' square? Need to get rid of these holograms/buffer trails/whatever they are!

Should I glaze after or just seal with jet seal and wax with Onyx. Any room for wet mirror finish in there?

always start off on the low speeds get good coverage of the area and work your way up through the speeds, once the product has become clear its now working, then once your happy with the finish, work your way back down the speeds, it takes more time granted but it helps reduce holograms...;)

take your time....

Megane 225
Stu, I think I saw that you sorted this on DW, correct?

Zenith technique ;)

Yep, just worked it really well into the paint. Must've spent around 5mins per square foot! Just worked it in at 600rpm then up to around 1800, then back to 600 to burnish it! Couldn't believe how well it turned out! :D

Thanks for all your help guys!