ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Washing products and advice

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Hi guys

in the last 6 or 7 months ive got in to detailing my car, always kept my car clean and polished but not to the point of detailing

since i had my car detailed by detail uk in tamworth it has been a real eye opener on how to properly clean my car and the difference is amazing especially the gold fleck (bg 182)

basically i would like some advice on my washing stages and any stages or products im missing

my products are all chem guys apart from iron x

Basically i start off with a Chemical guys honeydrew snow foam then while soaking i put iron x on all 4 alloys
leave few mins

then i jet wash the alloys off then use a open ended hose to soak the snow foam off

then i use glosswork soap using the two bucket method and also a lambswool mit - doing one section at a time and soaking off using open ended hose

then i dry the car off using a fatty orange microfibre drying towel

i then leave the car for 15 mins as the drips are unstoppable

i then cover the car in v07 to get rid of any water marks - normally on boot and under wing mirrors

then i give the car a full go over in gloss work glaze using a microfibre for on and a clean one for off which i do a square foot at a time

then i apply wax to the car which is petes 53 (made for black cars) which i use a ufo applicator then a microfibre for getting off and once again doing it in a square foot - sometimes i apply two coats of wax depending on the time between the last wax i gave the car

then to finish off the body i seal it with V07

then lastly i apply tyre trim gel to the tyres and plastics (splitter, mirror surrounds and rear bumper trim)

then i give the inside a vac, rub down on the dash and a small wipe over the centre console and grab handles with tyre trim gel which brings out the little fleck in the plastics

then i use some watermelon car freshner to finish off then i have a very shiny good looking car

so basically have i missed any steps? any better recommended products rather than the gloss work glaze

and lastly is there anything i should do to my carbon fibre badges
8521384382_d1845ab384_z.jpg

image by Elliot182, on Flickr

8518374999_d867bf94c5_z.jpg

image by Elliot182, on Flickr

Cheers

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
reading all the detailing world websites they say you should rinse car using a use with no connector on end ie take the end off and just let water run freely on to the car aparrently the water sheets over or something along those lines

Golf GT & A4 Avant
pressure rinse the snow foam of to remove a good amount of dirt before washing. helps stop you further wiping dirt round the car.

When rinsing after washing, then use an open hose as this causes the majority of water to sheet off aiding drying.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yes but that's just before drying to remove most of the water, not when you're snowfoaming.

PH2 Flamer
You also use tyre gel on the interior grab handles?

May looks nice but don't you get greasy hands and fingers whilst opening and closing the door? Or am I mis reading it?

Pressure wash the snow foam.

Also no decontamination to the paintwork, Tar/Iron remover.

Other than that it looks like a very comprehensive list.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
I only use the trim gel with a little drop and spread it all across then leave for 10 mins then give a wipe over, if using a quality gel then shine will stay but with worser products the shine wipes off
off

With iron x on paintwork is it a spray and leave job or do people slightly rub it with a microfibre?

​Cheers

Suzuki Ignis Sport
What's this V07 mate? I struggle with waterspos having a black car, that's my main issue/stress.

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
What's this V07 mate? I struggle with waterspos having a black car, that's my main issue/stress.

V07 is a sealant from chemical guys but they also say works well for spraying on a microfibre and wiping over which gets rid of water spots